YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while building my YFZ for this years GNCC series I decided to contact DeRisi racing for there millinium Revalve kit instead of going with Aftermarket shocks. After last weekends opener in TX, i feel very good about my decision!!!!! The shocks worked great. Even though I did not get ride in practice the fine tune the shocks they still worked great. Soaking up everyting I threw at them with little to NO rear end kick or swap! I noticed most of the top pro YFZ's with expensive aftermarket shocks where still kicking up bad on the rough terain. This was the first real test I have got on the shocks on a rough track where shocks realy made a difference. I would say they passed with flying colors. Santo if your on this site THANKS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I have burgard +1 a-arms with 4-1 wheels. we originally set the shocks up for stock a-arms with stock wheels and didn't feel any differences with the new set up as far as the shocks go.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am saying you will feel a huge differenceif you get your shocks rebuilt. What I was meaning is that if you get them set up for stock a-arms and wheels you will notice little to NO difference if you decide to switch to +1 a-arms with 4-1 offset wheels later down the road. The only thing I had to do was tighten the preload a bit!

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
santo is a great guy and i think he is the perfect candidate to build some of the sickest shocks out there. afterall, he races gncc, so he has a real world perspective on what hes doing. no offense though, i dont see them comparing to axis lt's, but theyre a fraction of the cost. for the money, derisi rebuilds cannot be beat

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have to agree....Santo is great to work with....He's always working late and even from up here in Alaska I have been able to catch him at 9pm his time! I just had him rebuild some PEP shocks for a fellow racer and look forward to the difference.....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont see them comparing to axis lt's, but theyre a fraction of the cost. for the money, derisi rebuilds cannot be beat

I agree. if they were better then Axis he would run them himself instead of axis. One of the points I was trying to make was that even the top guys in TX that were running axis as well as other brands were having problems with the rears kicking up going over washouts and diversion ditches. I had NO problem with that. I think one of the main things you get from this kit or any other shock you send to Santo is: I think he sets shocks up much better for each rider than any top of the line shocks that come straite from the manufacture. Any shock I have ever got back from him has felt much better than they did the day i bought them!!!!!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Santo's had my shocks for 2 1/2 weeks now and I called today and he said it was going to be another week. :cry I can't wait to get them back though :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now is a real tough time for him!!!! not only is he getting his own pro quads and team togther and getting things fianlized with that. But this is also the time of the year everyone send him shocks to work on!!!! Right now i can't get him to say more than about 5 words to me on the phone when I call cus he is sooooo busy!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Damn straight its a rough time now..Its winter and the racing season is not at full effect so everyone wants everything done right now to there bikes. :red

1 - 11 of 11 Posts