YFZ Central banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure I want a raptor, but just for kicks and giggles I want to know everything there possibly is to know about yfz 450r's. What years were they made? is there good and bad years? What upgrades were made over the years? What problems did they have, what should I look out for when buying one? How unrealistic is a 4500-5000 dollar budget? I pretty much want to know anything and everything.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
To start knowing "everything" go ride one. Its like a 4stroke banshee.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know anyone that has one, but my buddy has an 05, how big of a difference is there between a carb model and an efi
Pretty big difference between the two. The EFI version is much more refined and also has more power. They are very fun to ride and the suspension is really good for stock. Carb model was from 04-08 primarily, and 09-21 is the EFI model.

The raptor sits higher and is more suited for trails. It's also a bit more narrow. I have both in my garage right now. I really love my 450 compared to the raptor. Easier to work on, and the lower stance suits me better than sitting up. The raptor has a ton of low end grunt and torque off idle. The YFZ makes more power mid to high end. It's all about what you want your machine to do and what you use it for most.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts