YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take the bulky starting assembly off and instal a yz push button kill switch to start my yfz has anyone done this if so any help would be great . thanks Shawn Reardon

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
It is easy. Unplug the main switch, find the wires that are used for the start button (you can take apart the old switch to find which ones they are) then hook up the YZ kill button to those wires (order doesn't matter) then, the plug on the old switch has a plug with two wires, those wires need to be looped together. thats it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Originally posted by gnc_118@Feb 6 2004, 09:47 PM
It is easy.  Unplug the main switch, find the wires that are used for the start button (you can take apart the old switch to find which ones they are) then hook up the YZ kill button to those wires (order doesn't matter) then, the plug on the old switch has a plug with two wires, those wires need to be looped together.  thats it.
Thanks for making it sound easy.
How do you now turn it off mate?
Or do you still have the key?
I want to get rid of it all.

Geoff.

·
Registered
503 Posts
what about the lights? I'm doing the same thing somewhat. I'm installing a kickstart kit, and removing the starter piece. I have new lights coming from trailtech also and just need to make sure i can wire them in. I don't want a starter switch, but instead am going to wire in a new Pingel kill switch as my on/off instead with the kicker. I'm not sure exactly as if this will work the way i want it too or not.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm going to try and do the same thing. I want to remove that "blob" from the handlebars. I want to wire the lights so they are always on High. And put in a kill switch for a starter. I know that selector did it. Search and look for selectors post to find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts