YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna shave my rear fenders but I didn't like the fact that the coolant res and breather box will be in plain sight. I know you can take the breather box off with no problems but what about the coolant res? We do it on banshees all the time with no problems cause it just catches the overflow and never sucks any back into the radiator. Wasn't sure if the YFZ was just the same way or it actually functions like it is supposed to.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i took mine off. i dont know if you need it or not. i just ran the over flow hose down to the bottom of the bike so it spills on the ground. im putting a temp gauge on my radiator hose to. if it get to hot maybe i'll end up needing one for some stupid reason who knows

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aight thanks that's all I wanted to know if anyone else has done it with no problems. I guess I'll get to hackin' them off.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
At one point my bottle had a leak in it so it wouldn't hold coolant and after a lot of hard riding my bike would act really bad like it was overheating. After letting it sit for a while it'd be fine again. I just replaced that bottle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i switched to the polaris outlaw coolant resivior mounted to the rad shroud 2 years ago due to the lines melting when my quad overheated, so i made them a lot shorter. at the beginning of the last season, i changed plastic and graphics and opted to just chuck the ressy all together, and havent had any issues as far as cooling goes since, i just have a line going down to the ground similar to my dirtbikes. i just check the coolant level before eash ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts