YFZ Central banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do i need to do when taking the baffle out change jets or just move the needle need to cut air box lid ? any other info will help thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am in So Cal and only ride in Glamis. I pulled the baffle, removed the AB lid, pro flow K&N and used the following. 170M, JD Blue needle 3rd clip, 45 pilot, 2.5 turns and I am still a little lean.

I am going to get more jets and a 48 pilot this week. Trying to get ready for Glamis in 2 weeks.

Jim

·
Registered
634 Posts
son you are a lot lean your pilot should be 48 and your airscrew at 1.5 and the mainjet should be 175 if you have K&N!

try it!

You will haul like you wont believe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
"son you are a lot lean your pilot should be 48 and your airscrew at 1.5 and the mainjet should be 175 if you have K&N"

Guys please help.....pretend that your telling a 10 year old how to exactly do this, except for the main jet, where is the pilot and how do you change it and where is the airscrew?? :uhoh and when you say 1.5 do you mean screw it in til it stops then back out 1.5?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
OH :what and what is the # for the K&N air filter....my local yamaha doesn't have a clue on any of these questions! I know Idon't understand why either.. :disgust

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
send me your email and I will send you some instructions

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
pilot is located in the bowl right beside the main under hex bolt where red arrow is. The air/fuel screw is located up inside a small whole on the bottom of the carb where the white arrow is.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Sent instructions :lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Soooo, The only way to adjust the air/fuel mix screw is to take the carb off????????!

Any ideas anyone?? Ferris....Ferris Bueller.....local 31

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
you do not have to take the carb off, just loosen the clamps and rotate the carb so that the top is facing the right side of the bike and the bottom the left. (sitting on the bike)

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK took the carb almost off and slowlyyyy turned screw in to find that it is set at 2 out. Which way to make the setting more rich? Probably out....Yesss? :bawl

·
Registered
274 Posts
think of it like this, lefty loosy right, so the screw is comming out and opening up the air flow to lean out the fuel, righty tighty so your closing the gap for the air to flow therefore making less air flow into the cylinder making it a bit richer... its almost like a choke, thats the way i see it

·
Registered
194 Posts
DigitMXTracks,

You got it backwards my friend!!

The FCR has a FUEL SCREW, not an air screw! Turning the screw out from seated will RICHEN the mixture, and turning it in will LEAN the mixture!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
You know what's funny... I'm running a 45 pilot, YZF needle on the 4th clip, and a 170 main with my fuel screw at 2.5 turns out. My bike runs like a champ....A CHAMP!. Total response through out the throttle position, doesn't lean out at WOT, idles like a dream and the end of the pipe is just a med.-dark gray......perfect. Why is everyone going SO huge on jets? :what

And before ou say I'm not geting full power......I've kept up with a 250A GNC rider on his LSR CRF 450 quad, and was dead even on the starts to the first corner.....after that skill took over and I got smoked :angry but when we parked he was in shock when I said my motor was basically stock..... :eek

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope someone can help in the process of jetting I accidently moved the slow jet flat screw(instead of air/fuel screw) does any one know where it should be stock. If someone is jetting please try and check for me......
TTT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts