YFZ Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that if you are just rolling in 1st and give it hell, it bogs down and then takes off? Mine does this all the time, and the worst time is when you're goin off of a jump and you pin it right when you take off. Other than that, this quad kicks ass!! :evilgrin

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
:lol Yeah, does that to me at times too. Wost of all it did it to me on the take off of a drag. Thought i was a goner...but this thing just has too much power, and it was like i never even had a bad start :lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
Give the clutch a quick slip, eliminates problem.

Geoff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
What 450bret350 said. Spend the time to get your jetting right. Stay after it until it's right. These bikes are not meant to have that low end stagger. It's all about air/fuel mixture. I stab mine and you better be hangin on- cuz that ***** is going somewhere. The jetting game is a long and tedious one, but with all the excellent advise available here-definetely achievable. Late

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
It has to do with the fact that this is an FCR carb and a big one.

It does not have a vaccume activated slide like the CV style carbs that most are used to, whit the CV you can roll on the power cause the slide opens gradually as the vaccume increases.

With the FCR when you stab the gas a idle it OPENS completly so therefor you get a slight hesitation then WHAM!!!

Try putting a 750DP on a stock 302, floor it right off ield and see what happens!!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The problem I think you are describing can not be fixed. The YFZ has such a big carb then when you gas it from idle it will bog then take off. The carb is so big the eninge simply can not handle it at once. Just give it a little gas then hammer it and you will be fine. Dont gas it from a idle.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i disagree... well not totally... if you jet it right you can take off dead nuts... now without a load you are right no load on the engine and she sometimes just gos caput!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you jet it, isn't your elevation involved in jetting it right? Whats the number for the ngk? Thats the only thing right now i liked better about my Z. I hope it is fixable. thx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like everyone else has stated, take the time to rejet it. Also, the power now valve is perfect for helping to eliminate this issue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts