YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys think this will fit the YFZ. It fits the raptor. I was thinking about getting an AC frot bumper...but after i saw this i quickly changed my mind...what do u guys think of it?...
TAG Front Bumper. :O

·
Registered
143 Posts
What kind are those tag bars? Do you notice any difference from stock? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Originally posted by slinger@Oct 2 2003, 01:46 PM
What kind are those tag bars? Do you notice any difference from stock? Thanks.
They are Tag 2 CR low bend. I had them leftover from my old quad.

I just bought a big bar clamp setup that raised em about 3/4 of an inch to fit the stock stem. they are taller than the stockers and the sweep insnt as severe ... much better :rock

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I took my AC front bumper off my 02 raptor b4 trading it in on my yfz. You have to spread out the bottom 2 arms of the bumper about an inch or so to make it fit, but you dont notice its bent.
So if that tag bumper fits a rappy, itll fit a yfz, with a minor mod.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what i was thinkin. ...i hope they do fit because thats going on my YFZ.. :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
983 Posts
well, you got this to consider. if the bottom of your raptor bumber is like a flange then yeah. the thing will fit fine on a yfz after bending it but if you bend the tag bumber the bungs will be out of alignment and the bolt might not make it through the frame mounting hole right. you'd first have to bend the bottom arms out and inch and then bend the bungs(sp?) back to align with the mounting hole!. Make sense? You probably end up chippng the paint at the bottom of the arm doing this though.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
youre right, if the bumper is painted youll end up chipping the paint.
i bent the arms of the AC bunper, where they connect to the bumper out, then bent the lips where they touch the frame in a bit.
i did it on a vice. i admit it didnt line up perfect at first, i went back to the vice 3 or 4 times before it was right. but, after you tighten it up it looks like it was made for the yfz :yfz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts