YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my sweet white yfz. And I am pretty tall at 5'10. I noticed the stock handlebars are pretty low. So I was wondering What handlebars would be good. Iv seen alot of people with Tag T2..i think cr bend but is that tall enough??

·
Registered
836 Posts
Banshee bend whatever's, is about as high as you can go without changing cables and brake hose's. I'm 6'2" and rode my YFZ last weekend with the banshee bend Fly's I installed. Major difference, from the stock bar height. Working on a set of lowered pegs, now. :rock

btw-not real impressed with the quality of the Fly bars. Guess I shoulda sprung for the Renthal's . Hmmmmmmmmm -Santa ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
what style Renthal's, cause i'm 6'1" and i would like to get a highter set my self, tryed MSR dominators, but they where tooo high! cable problem! so i ordered a set of dominator low, not high this time , see if it works

Curt

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
to run a Tag t2 or any big bar setup you need an adapter to fit the stock steering stemp. the adapter will raise the bars about 1/2 an inch

i got tag t2 cr low bends. they feel great (i'm 6'2) what I really didnt care for with the stock bars was the sweep back. i think anything more than a cr high with the big bar adapters would really be pushing the cables

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have the Trail Tech X-bar Fatty's with billet clamp raised 1". The bars are high which I like cause I'm 6'2". Couldn't be happier.

Not the best picture of the bars, but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
i have the tag t-2 bars cr hi bars with tag clamps...its lower than stock and i like that. theres PLENTY of room for the cables, their only 8mm higher than cr low bars, lol. the tag clamps raise the bars 2/3 of an inch.

also, the cr double hi bars are 20mm higher than the cr hi bars (thats 28mm higher than cr low bars). these will also work fine with the yfz as tag makes a kit for the yfz that comes with a special clamp and double hi bars.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I just installed tag t2 cr high bends w/ tag bar clamps. I'm having a little trouble with the clutch cable not being long enough. Ive jimmyed with it and bent the cable router clamps all I think I can. Its a very snug fit! Is there anyone who has any advise?
THANK YOU!
in advance

·
Registered
983 Posts
wait a minute. You have problems wiht the clutch cabel but not with the front brake cable? weird. it's seem to me that you would have problems with the brake cable before the clutch cable.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok..what if i get a trail tech big bar clamp and tag t2 cr high bend...will that be higher than stock..if so by how much...cause i really want bars that are higher than stock but i want to be able to use the same cables....i have a yfz

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Rippin my bars are about an inch higher than those. Either yours are cr low bends or I have cr double high bends.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts