YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all know when you replace the thumb throttle with a twist you have to bypass the T.O.R.S. by jumping the two wires. Most people are suggesting that you cut the connector off and directly attach the wires to each other. I however want to be able to return mine to stock if I should need to sell or trade it in on something else(like a 450R :re ). So what I did is just filled the plug very tightly with aluminum foil and taped it up. Works great, won't corrode and all you gotta do is remove it and plug your stock throttle back in. Hope this keeps some of you from butchering your wiring and regretting it later. :D

Tom.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ439@Dec 29 2003, 01:26 PM
. I however want to be able to return mine to stock if I should need to sell or trade it in on something else(like a 450R :re ).
tell me it isn't so :eek you thinking of selling out on us? :lol :lol

andy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I am a Honda guy at heart. But, until they get things right on the 450r (like an FCR carb, some more compression and more suspension) I'll stick with my Yammi. I got the white one so I wouldn't feel like I was a complete trader, it sorta feels/ looks likes my old 250R only it does everything better. :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
i too used to be a honda person but i sold out & went with the yammi. mine is white too.

andy

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I cut the leads 6" inches out of the connector by the stem and soldered them together.. I can just reconnect them down there with solder and the splice is hidden.

I am not a proponent of the "tin foil method" too risky when 20 miles from no where and alone... to each his own...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by FAST1@Jan 14 2004, 07:35 PM

I am not a proponent of the "tin foil method" too risky when 20 miles from no where and alone... to each his own...
Personally I'm not a proponent of riding alone or without at least a Leatherman tool. Too risky. With nothing more than a pocet knife you could get back to your base if the tin foil should take leave. But you do have a valid point, which brings me to mine- always carry some basic tools if you ride anywhere that is more than a stones throw away from help. Be prepared.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bunkerking217@Jan 20 2004, 12:11 PM
:wtf could you take pics of what you did? im lost..... if you leave the connector on, wont the bike die?
Sorry, I can't take a picture because I'm stuck in the stone-age, but when you disconnect the plug from the throttle you fill the the plug that's still on the bike with foil. The bike will start if you just disconnect the throttle but will die if you try to let the clutch out with the machine in gear. Am I helping any?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
tell me if this sounds right...

take the connector off. put tin foil in both holes, but make each piece touch each other. then tape it to where the tin foil is as 1 piece, but in both holes on the connector? then, push it under the plastic to where it is not needed?

and also be sure water will not get in there correct?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, that sounds about right. I really don't think that water is that big of a concern, but I did tape the piss out of mine, mostly so I don't have to worry about the foil coming out. Sorry that I'm not the most descriptive person. If you have trouble understanding this gibberish, feel free to call me and I'll try to walk you through it on the phone. # is (307) 977-4243. My name is Tom. And this goes for anybody who reads this. And like was stated above, this may not be the very best option, but it is a very good one if done correctly and definately the most reversible. Good luck, hope I helped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts