YFZ Central banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some help on setting up my suspension. I tend to bounce a little on some of my landings. I remember there being a post in here a while back that explained each of the ajustments and what difference they would make in the bike ( ride hieght, and so on) would someone be bored enough to give me a little class on each of the ajustments and how they affect my ride. thanks... :yfz

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
the little ring that u can turn is ur preload....... it will also change how high u sit and how stiff/spft its going to be....... the top little screw thing (its gold) is ur compression adjustment...... and it will change how stiff its going to be too.......... that screw is made just for that)...... and the little gold screw on the bottom is the rebound..... and it will effect how fast the shocks come up after they compress and "rebound" back up..... well go mess with it all and see how ya like it :)

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
My rear suspension also seems to pogo a bit in the whoops.. I've adjusted the rebound and compression to the softest however I am contemplating reducing the pre-load also. Has anyone made any preload spring adjustments to the rear shock from factory settings? What were the results?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Call DeRisi racing the have helped a ton with my suspension on my YFZ. The shock are really stiff stock. Also the rebound on the rear is too slow.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Which way to make the rebound faster? Hard or Slow????

·
Registered
634 Posts
The rear shocks.

The very bottom screw on the rear shock by the shock linkage on the right side where the pipe is, is for rebound.

It makes when you screw it in clockwise makes the shock harder going down and slower coming up.

and if you do it counterclockwise it makes it softer and come up faster

(thanks to bluedog and whitedog these questions were answered I had no clue.

thanks

also, the top of the shock (you have to remove the seat and there is a screw at the top of the shock, it is the compression screw it makes the whole shock harder or softer.

Clockwise makes it harder cause it stops the oil from going through, and countercloskwise makes it softer.

(THANKS DOG RIDERS))

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by daddogrider@Sep 22 2003, 10:32 AM
(thanks to bluedog and whitedog these questions were answered I had no clue.
While we're talking blue and white dogs, let's see the YFZ nitrous vid. You'll respond to any pm unless they relate to the gas. C'mon it's not that big a deal. Either show it or I'm gonna call BS on ya.

Nitrous can be applied to these things very easy (for those of you who don't know). If you've got one, let's see it in action.

·
Registered
634 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My rear suspension also seems to pogo a bit in the whoops.. I've adjusted the rebound and compression to the softest however I am contemplating reducing the pre-load also. Has anyone made any preload spring adjustments to the rear shock from factory settings? What were the results?

yes, make the preload as soft as possible it made it 2-3 times better. move it up as high as it goes minus 1 turn so it wont come off.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i adjusted the pre load on the rear spring so i could achive my ideal sag. i am a bit on the heavy side so i needed to up the pre load a few turns.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Turning the preload down took out almost all my bouncing. Be careful jumping though it seems to bottom out alot easier now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I ajusted my pre- load to the softest setting to lower the ride height and increased my compression to keep from bottoming out and WOW what a difference, the thing sticks like glue on landing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts