YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deciding between the HMF or the Supertrapp TC pipe.
I LOVe the sounds of the TC and was always a fan but heard a lot of good stuff bout the HMF...I will be racing MX and trail riding and doin local pits ( not worried bout noise )

Which pipe will deliver the peak performance for my needs

·
Registered
159 Posts
I liked my TC except is was always comeing apart. Im not kidding it broke in like 4 different places. A real overpriced POS in my opinion. I have the baldwinn pipe now which is basically a HMF and no problems so far....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Originally posted by trx400ex@Nov 8 2003, 08:39 AM
I liked my TC except is was always comeing apart. Im not kidding it broke in like 4 different places. A real overpriced POS in my opinion. I have the baldwinn pipe now which is basically a HMF and no problems so far....
I agree my friend had a TC for his 400ex and it was always falling apart. Not to mention is was so loud, it got annoying real quick. :angry

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But guys none of this is answering my question :disgust
I see where your comming from with it falling apart and junk but i was to know which pipe is making the most power.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you are not worried about the volume level and you want the best low-end mid-range pipe buy the TC Racing pipe. If you want mid-hi range performance go with all the other pipes out there that look the same. I have never heard of TC parts being sub-standard so I cant substantiate the reliability issues brought up here. I would also caution you that if you have TC make you a pipe you are pretty much stuck with TC to do all your other engine work because he is the only person that I have encountered that is trying to get more low-end out of the engine. So, your decision of pipe will dictate your future decisions to mod your engine. TC has very different thoughts on how to jet and run these YFZ engines so you may want to think about that as well.
isaac

·
Registered
180 Posts
Issac is right. Tom looks at the whole picture. Most guys add a pipe and tweak the jetting. Tom looks at the motor , pipe and carb and trys to come up the best SYSTEM for your needs. Nothing beats the TC pipe in my book.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what are you prefering. I want something with good performance on top and in midrange because i heard stock the YFZ has A LOT of torque. i will not be racing as much as i will be trail riding and pit riding so i need something in the area of that....THANKS

·
Registered
180 Posts
Easy answer. If you're trail riding... get something else. The TC is way too load ...it will draw way too much attention to you and where and how your riding. The guys that ride quads with racks will HATE you. They will come over scream at you in the parking lot and tell you that you're the reason people frown upon our sport. Not that I would know from experience....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts