YFZ Central banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, any of you whom own a YFZ over 6 foot?
I am 6'3" and 260lbs.

I'm just curious if my size will run into any problems with a 450, I currently own a Raptor and have no problems with it, just want a new machine to play with.

How roomy is it, so to speak anyway. I'd really like to know. I don't want to feel real cramped on a machine.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hey bro, take it the advise from a guy who is 6’5” and 310 lbs. this bike may look a bit cramped but believe me, it is not. I have mine for about 3 months now and let me tell you the YFZ feels and rides great even for big guys like us. The only thing I had to do is to raise handlebars so my knees would have a little more room and I did this by purchasing new handlebars and clamps from trail tech. Before I bought the YFZ I was also considering the raptor because of my size but after reading how much better the YFZ is and from other big guys who did not seem to have any problems, I chose the YFZ and can’t say enough how happy I am with this quad, specially because I get to smoke raptors even with my size :evilgrin . I strongly recommend this bike to anyone regardless of size :rock . Just my opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i'd have to agree with Bigbad. i am 6'4" and 280 and have no problem getting around other me not being in real good shape. the YFZ will feel a little small in the beginning but you get used to it very quickly. Just get a taller bar/clamp setup from trailtech and your set.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I sold my Raptor and bought two yfz450's.

I'm 245# and 6' and the YFZ is excellent. More fun to ride than the Raptor. The YFZ holds the bowls at the dunes better too.

Some big guys drop the front sprocket a tooth, but usually go back to the stock sprocket from what I've read.

My 89 lb daughter rides her YFZ and likes to race Predators at the Comp Hill Dumont Dunes. With Pink Riding gear on she leads the entire race & leaves them several quad lengths behind & they know they got beat by a chick.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
There is no problem with the big fellas riding the YFZ. I am not as big as a few of ya'll but do weigh in at 220lbs naked. The quad can fo sure do with me as it pleases.

YFZ450 Kid, man how old is your daughter, and did she used to ride a bike out at Dumont wearing Bubba's Pink Fox gear?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome guys, thanks a lot.

I plan on getting my 450 very, very, early Janurary. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
if you look on the left side of the rear fender there is a maximum veicle load. 230lb
glad there is not a must wiegh load or i would be screwd.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm 6'5" too, and I had to raise the bars to make it feel right. Just order some stock bars clamps and it raises the bars .8". The PB cablewill be at its' max length.
The only issue now is my thighs are a bit long so I have a bit sharper knee bend to get my heel on the peg. It's fine, but I wish the peg was a bit forward.
I don't think being heavier will be an issue since the suspension has a lot of adjustment and the YFZ has a ton of power.

Nice boating pic! :blah

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Originally posted by quadjockey440@Dec 26 2003, 09:03 PM
if you look on the left side of the rear fender there is a maximum veicle load. 230lb
glad there is not a must wiegh load or i would be screwd.
It says 220lbs...

But to hell with all that crap, as a matter of fact I removed the labels on mine the first day I had it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can see I'm one of the smaller guys around here at 6' 2" and 225 :D.

I raised the bars with some tag clamps, and retrofitted my footpegs lower, by about an inch.

The same thing I did with my 400ex, I don't feel alot of difference, except maybe the bars could go forward a little.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts