YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2009 YFZ450R. I'm looking to do some upgrades to. I want to produce a little more power for stunting/ street riding. I was wondering is anyone had any suggestions for exhaust, intake, fuel programmer/ ECU, minor engine mods, not looking to decrease reliability a whole lot. I want to run 93 octane gas which is readily available. Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not really a fan of yoshimira. I was thinking a jsr 9" exhaust. Any background on their exhaust? Or exhaust that put out more power than the yoshimira? Also is the timing the same when switching the cam? And as far as programmer which the most tune ability? Which years yz450f intake cam is ok to use?

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
The Yoshi is one of the top exhausts for the R's, there are a few threads on the subject.

·
Super Moderator
3,149 Posts
Yes, also look in the dyno section good info there.

·
Registered
864 Posts
read the rules 30 posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
In my last heavily modified car. (590 whp) we've done a lot of dyno tuning and testing about fuel and octane.... the best resuslt we had was with shell 91octane. The 94 octane we tried did worse hp. In my region the only 94 available has so much additive in In..motor clean this...valve clean that blablabla that for whatever reason the results were better with 91...so i dont think running your yfz on 93 instead of 91 will automatically make more power..
My 2 cents

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.