76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you guys got for street rides?
Heres my street ride for now.

Im plannin on a new R1 for 2004 but must wait till they get here. :disgust

·
Registered
479 Posts
i had a ducati 125cc 2 stroke street race bike... looked like a ducati 916, i actually bought my yfz450 to keep me away from bikes... the bike i had hit 125 stock, and had about 60 something hp, i'll get a pic, i love all bikes
but ducati for me is the best, i love aprilias also!

i eventually paln on getting a ducati 999r, in red fully tricked out...

·
Registered
479 Posts
nice bike by the way.. whats the deal with the spikes? my friend has a turbo busa that runs 8's...... :rock

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turbo busas are nice. I dont need a turbo.This is plenny fast as ia.
The spikes keep the wimmens from slippin off the back.No snail stripes on my bike.
and I to long for a Duc.......I am quite dissappointed that the 998 will be binned at the end of 2004. The 999 dont do it fer me.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by blue4fiddy@Jan 24 2004, 03:20 PM
I am quite dissappointed that the 998 will be binned at the end of 2004. The 999 dont do it fer me.
glad to know im not the only one! the 999 is so ugly. plus it doesnt have that race look like the 998 did. nice busa btw!

·
Registered
479 Posts
yeah, he actually just used the turbo for the track, kinda pointless...
i use to feel the same way about the ducati 999r, but as far as performance its insane... i'm not sure if you guys have seen it in person, but thats what did it for me.. i mean compared to other bikes i still like it more...

i do love the gxxr 1000 though, sick bike... here in ny riding sux, too many cars, when i use to ride i lived in italy, one of the best times of my life. :red

·
Registered
570 Posts
Originally posted by blue4fiddy@Jan 24 2004, 06:46 AM
What you guys got for street rides?
Heres my street ride for now.

Im plannin on a new R1 for 2004 but must wait till they get here. :disgust
Nice bike. I was going to get one but insurance tried to screw me without lube!! They wanted $1200.00 a month. I was like :O So needless to say I didn't get one. :disgust I'm looking at getting a GSXR 600 in a few months.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
lifted, ive sat on both the 8 and the 9. the 8 just feels more race ready. the body posture on top, with your stomach on the gas tank, is incredible. to me, the 9 felt more laid back and tame. thats just me, never rode either of them, so thats as far as i can go. where you at in ny btw?

·
Registered
479 Posts
long island, commack/smithtown area... i want to head up to english town soon, lots of my friends have atv's, i'm new to it :rock

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a 2000 Honda VFR 800FI, bright yellow, with a full TBR exhaust, powercommander, and K&N. I love it. Keeps up with my brothers 98 900RR, till 110mph. I can actually beat him up to that point. Plus, its very comfortable, and very nice to ride 2-up.
Planning on buying either an 2004 RC51, or the 2004 R-1. Totally different bikes. I like the balls of the v-twin though, not to mention the sweet sound of it. Thats one thing I am going to miss about my VFR, the nive V sound, with the nice cam sing in the background.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
a friend of mine has a CBR 954RR with a micron full race system. It will top out at 82mph in first

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well here is my ride

·
Registered
114 Posts
i flog the yfz street style because i am hardcore like that and the cops cant catch me anyways if they do see me

·
Registered
114 Posts
not joking either. i live in a desert town and i ride on the streets, most of the time the cops wont do anything but flash the lights and if you take off they wont chase you...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've got a schwinn 10 speed. :rock ;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
1990 VFR750

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
Terrible picture the night she came home.

I got her used with next to no miles and some minor rash on the one mirror from being stupid when moving the bike. She's in pieces right now though since the moron before me decided to add a schweet undertail. Note to anyone buying a modded bike, check their work before you buy.
Schmuck wired this thing up like a 4 year old. wires everywhere, about 9 rolls of electrical tape. And those damn cheap flush mounts that are long gone. Right now I am finishing up a tail light meant to mod the 01 R6's.

Now if this damn snow would just melt. :red :lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts