YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have the compression and rebound screws on all 3 shocks turned basically off which helps make the ride softer for CC. Can anyone tell me if thats ideal for CC racing and also how should I set the spring preload? My preload is currently as it came from the dealer.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Yes, fast rebound and fast compression is better for XC. Because basically all you are hitting is small, high speed bumps. You might try turning your preload down to lower the bike and take some of the "spring" out of it. Decreasing your preload will also make it easier to bottom out. You can turn your compression up a little to compensate for it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to play "blonde" here for a moment... I am assuming when you say decrease the preload that you loosen or raise the spring? Seems I heard someone talk about getting a certain percent of travel when you sit on the bike compared to when there is no weight on it all. I want to say 30% but I'm not certain.... also if you are using this method of calculating the sag where do you measure from and to?

·
Registered
464 Posts
You may want to slow the rebound down, running it all the way fast will make it kick when you hit bumps! Go in about 8 clicks from where you are now.

·
Registered
465 Posts
ok, i ride mx and want to lower my preload. how far should i go. my compression is spot on the way it is now. how will it be affected when i change my preload. i have also lost about 15 pounds since i rode last so take that into consideration before giving advice. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
465 Posts
just wanted to get the quad lower.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ok [email protected] maybe you can help me get mine right on..

i weigh 140. want to get into cc racing this season, but i also do some decent jumping, but nothing insane i guess.

how many clicks should i set the front compression from full soft, front rebound from full soft, and front preload?

also how many turns in from full soft on both in the rear and rear preload..

i sent you a pm also.

thanks alot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts