YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never drove the Yfz I was wondering what is faster in a drag race? Honest answers only please. I watched the video on this site and coulden't tell what mods were preformend one those bikes.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
depending on the length of the race, the yfz will take it. if the race drags on for a while, the raptors top end will eventually pass the yfz. its hard to believe, until you ride a yfz. plus, with a few inexpensive mods, there really is no comparison between teh two in the power department

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering because my banshee when stock can beat my friends raptor. When we were both piped I smoked it by numerous bike lengths no comparison. I was just under the impression after reading dirt wheels that the 450's were way faster and nothing else compairs. But I guess that is not really the truth.

G

·
I have a STOCK yfz and have drag raced my buddies piped (Curtis Sparks FULL SYSTEM) Raptor and have beat him by 3 Quad lenths evey time. about 150 yard drag on dirt
O by the way the yfz blows the bansee away stock

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Clutch123@Dec 20 2003, 07:33 PM
I have a STOCK yfz and have drag raced my buddies piped (Curtis Sparks FULL SYSTEM) Raptor and have beat him by 3 Quad lenths evey time. about 150 yard drag on dirt
O by the way the yfz blows the bansee away stock
good glad I'm not stock. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh and if you beat a raptor with a curtis sparks system and I was able to beat a raptor with white bros exhaust while stock. By the way in dirt wheels whit bros produced the most hp on a dyno. How do you blow me away. Also everyone knows once moded a banshee cant be touched. If you say it can then put any modded yfz agenst a banshee with a cheetah trex, or stoker for that matter and you will get killed. Never seen a 450 with +130 hp yet. If you dont believe me visit the alba site and browse around a while. I wasnt here to slam the 450 just curious why it lost to a raptor and barly beat it on videos on its own site if it was supposed to be so fast.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
honestly, out of all the 4wheelers made, lets face it- a banshee will smoke everything. the yfz will beat a raptor until they are topped out for a while.

G

·
LEbanshi* u full of it ive beatin shees whith my slightly modded blaster woow a yfz would anniliate it
o yea my yfzs no longer stock and the Curt Sparks puts out more powere than a e series lololololol
gytr carbon full sys
k&n filter
Hot Cams
Pro Tapers
Jetted
High compression piston
um airbox and a high flow airbox lid

yea id smoke u

BLUE YFZ

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm with clutch u ain't touchin a yfz yes a 130 hp would probably beat it but put the 2 on a mx track it would be a sad sad day for that shee trust me i know a friend of mine has a banshee (stroked,pipe,k&n kit,suspension,etc.)and talked so much smack about beatin me when i raced but when it came down to it guess what was standin on topTHE YFZ big deal u make a banshee go fast in a straight line

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yours is faster.............no mines faster blah blah blah.

In my experience, a piped and jetted Banshee vs. a piped and jetted YFZ with the same weight rider and drag racing ability AND the same traction, the YFZ will win more races (100 yards) on dirt. My buddy has an '01 Shee with LRD pipes, V-force reeds, cool heads, do nothing for ya boost bottle, K&N and jetted and I weigh 40 more lbs than him and I beat him every time by 4 lengths. We could race a hundred times and this would be the result. I have a Sparks exhaust system, K&N, and it is properly jetted. I do not have the cam mod and I run stock gearing. He won't race me anymore because the result is as predictable as Rambo.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Clutch123@Dec 21 2003, 06:37 AM
LEbanshi* u full of it ive beatin shees whith my slightly modded blaster woow a yfz would anniliate it
o yea my yfzs no longer stock and the Curt Sparks puts out more powere than a e series lololololol
gytr carbon full sys
k&n filter
Hot Cams
Pro Tapers
Jetted
High compression piston
um airbox and a high flow airbox lid

yea id smoke u

BLUE YFZ
After that comment I dont think I even have to say anything about your response. You proved to everyone your a moron.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by PRNSTAR1969@Dec 21 2003, 07:38 AM
I'm with clutch u ain't touchin a yfz yes a 130 hp would probably beat it but put the 2 on a mx track it would be a sad sad day for that shee trust me i know a friend of mine has a banshee (stroked,pipe,k&n kit,suspension,etc.)and talked so much smack about beatin me when i raced but when it came down to it guess what was standin on topTHE YFZ big deal u make a banshee go fast in a straight line

If you took your time and read every respones including my first one you would know that I was talking about a Drag race. I was also talking about a raptor and Yfz. I know I can whop on raptors with ease. Modifying a 4 stroke to compeat with a modded 2 stroke is like w00tering a girl in the ass with no lube. Your just not going to get much. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by petersonracing@Dec 21 2003, 08:12 AM

In my experience, a piped and jetted Banshee vs. a piped and jetted YFZ with the same weight rider and drag racing ability AND the same traction, the YFZ will win more races (100 yards) on dirt. My buddy has an '01 Shee with LRD pipes, V-force reeds, cool heads, do nothing for ya boost bottle, K&N and jetted and I weigh 40 more lbs than him and I beat him every time by 4 lengths. We could race a hundred times and this would be the result. I have a Sparks exhaust system, K&N, and it is properly jetted. I do not have the cam mod and I run stock gearing. He won't race me anymore because the result is as predictable as Rambo.
First of LRD pipes suck second of the only way a shee will get equal traction with a 4 stroke is if it is pavement. On dirt a she will peal out till at least 3rd gear maybe 4th.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by 2004lebanshee+Dec 21 2003, 06:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2004lebanshee @ Dec 21 2003, 06:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--petersonracing@Dec 21 2003, 08:12 AM

First of LRD pipes suck second of the only way a shee will get equal traction with a 4 stroke is if it is pavement. On dirt a she will peal out till at least 3rd gear maybe 4th. [/b][/quote]
I would have to agree. You might have beat him, but that dude must suck very bad and must have been running hoosiers or something bc there is no way you would beat him everytime if he knew 1/2 of what he was doing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This is humurous... There is NO even races... rider weights, traction, track, bike mods... theyre different and i would like to see a PERFECTLY even race :sucks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
LEBanshee im also with clutch on this one. I donno where u get ur info or ur cocky mouth but ur wrong.The YFZ is better in every aspect.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My buddie has a moded shee. Cool head, stock bore high compression pistons, reeds, roost bost, pipes, carbs, ect.ect.ect. He gave 2 of my buddies and I a bunch of $h!t about how he would smoke us on pavement. My mods jet kit, cam mod, air box mod, and sparky removed. My buddies are gytr full exhaust, jetted, and air box lid off. This is on pavement too. Raced me, both wheelied to much so we did second gear roll on, outcome was me by the time I hit rev limiter in 5th 2 bike lengths out front. Pulled 3 bike lenghts from 2nd gear to 4th before he started catching me. Racing my buddy from a dead stop....4 bike lengths and from roll on 3. Even though the shee dynoed at 52 horse at the tire it's power band wasn't broad enough to catch our 450's. The last race was buddies 450 with cam mod, sparks full exhaust, jetted, air filter mod from sparks, and lid off. Outcome......450 pulled a bike length in every gear from a dead stop and roll on. Not bad mouthing shees but it's hard to beat the broad power band of a moded 450.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am not saying that you didn't win or anything but, 52 hp for those mods is a little weak because he forgot to port and if he did sell that bike cause its w00ter. Plus reeds with out cages or ports and roost boost have been proven to do nothing. Also new carbs are usless unless its ported.
Infact tell him the are probably herting his preformance. Tell him to get a mx port then he'll have around high 60's maybe 70 horses. Then try again.
You guys dont understand that like all of you guys I am a yamaha fan and just 4 months ago was debating on both bikes. The reason that I went to the shee was obously the thrill of the power band that even you guys have to like. I dont think there is anyone here that would get of a banshee and not be smileing :D .
Also I want to go really fast and if we both spent about 3-4 thousand on mods it would be really hard for a 450 to hit the same horse power. With that much you would get a much bigger response from the untapped two stroke. When unfortunately your engine really cannot increase much more displacement which leaves you guys with a major disadvantage when it comes to HP to be gained.
Now to who ever said that drag raceing isnt really raceing. Come on then why does everyone do it? Because its fun call it what you will but I and alot of other people like it to so it really dosent matter. I also have no tracks to ride on so a track bike to me is useless.
Back to banshee killer if banshee's weren't sweet and the long time king of the drag hill then you wouldn't have named your self BANSHEE KILLER. J/k:D
Have fun riding what ever you guys want there is a bike for all of us. You may not like a banshee but at least respect it. Thats all I have to say about this topic. This is a argument that will never be solved so just leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts