YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2014 yfz450r. i have a stock intake cam and stock exhaust that i am wanting to sell for some money to buy other mods. i need to know what these parts will fit because i know they dont JUST fit the 2014 model. i just dont know what years parts for a 2014 will fit. like for example 2008-2014.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
For starters I dont think many buy the o.e. cam. So it will be a hard sale... but I think all efi cams are the same 09-14.

Check part numbers online...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The 2014 intake cam is different than the 09-13 but it's still a turd, doubt anyone would Wana buy that. It's best use is to send that cam in as a core for a MMAD cam.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^^Yep. You're much better off keeping the stock stuff that you have, just in case you ever want to sell your quad or part it out. The stock stuff (at least the intake cam and exhaust) isn't really worth the price to ship it. The good stock ['06-'08] cams can be had for $50 on eBay or CraigsList or on here, which makes the '14 cam that you're trying to replace, worth about half of that-- if even that much. And the only reason anyone would want the '14 stock muffler is either because the shape is different than the '09-'13 or because the spark arrestor is actually removable/replaceable, instead of the '09-'13 unit which isn't, but if you're planning to remove your spark arrestor, you should just be buying a pipe instead. As far as what your parts will fit, the cams can be interchanged on any YFZ, and the pipe will fit any YFZ-R/X.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
The yfzr stock exhaust cam is a good cam and even a slight upgrade for the carb bikes since you don't have to do the cam mod, good for faster dead engine starts for XC races

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.