YFZ Central banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent rejetted my new yfz yet, but i want to ride it this weekend with the cork removed. will this damage my quad??????

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have removed mine without rejetting and it is fine, it should not hurt the bike. Just don't do anything else without rejetting, if you are going to pull the airbox lid off you are going to have to rejet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
seem like i might need 2 rejet mine...stalls out when i come 2 a stop some times or at idle

·
Registered
634 Posts
just rejet it it is not hard.

at the bottom of the carb is a screws turn off the gas and remove the scres, about 5 tablespoons of gas will come out of the bowl so have a rag.
then remove the puny 158 main jet and slap in a 165, that should do you until you get a manual.
when you get the manual change the pilot to 45 so you dont bog down on takeoffs. and pull the needle out and change it to #5, that will do until you buy a cnvq needle for the 450 dirt bike and put that in there at #4

now you have a real quad not a toy.

happy riding.

this is how good they run when you jet them right.

www.eskimo.com/~daddog/videos/nitroflip.wmv

type that into your browser for a video to watch it is 7 megabytes.

also here is another good viedeo

www.eskimo.com/~daddog/videos/bowlgames.wmv

·
Registered
333 Posts
why do you need the manual to change the pilot??? its the needle with the sleeve over it... right next to the main.... it DOSNT have a number on it...(top anyways) i changed my main to a 165 and the pilot to a 45 and used the needle they gave me in the GytR jet kit and put the clip in #4 spot and MAN O MAN this quad is awake... starts awesome and runs FAST and dosnt bog and and and and i could go on forever! oh i believe im at sea leval.. im in fricking wisconsin...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts