YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just got my quad on Saturday and would like to remove some of the safety stickers. What's the best way? Thanks.
Slinger

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
If your refering to the riveted on safety labels, Drill through the center of the rivet until the head breaks off and punch the rest through.. don't use a bit the size of the whole rivet, use one just big enough to seperate the flat part from the center.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. What about the removal of the rest of the stickers. Do they come off easy? Or did you have to do something special? Thanks.
Slinger

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by slinger@Sep 11 2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. What about the removal of the rest of the stickers. Do they come off easy? Or did you have to do something special? Thanks.
Slinger
The graphics will peel right off. You won't need a hair dryer. I took all mine off right in front of the dealer as I was taking delivery of the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Well if you crash it hard enough and have to buy all new plastics........then you won't have to worry about the peeling off the graphics cause new oem's don't come with them. :eek

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
The stickers will cure alot better when the dealers start holding inventory of YFZ's .. if your getting one fresh off the delivery truck from Yamaha, the stickers will peel easy.

If you purchase an atv that has sat on the showroom floor of a dealership for a few months, the dryer will assist you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts