YFZ Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
^^^To be honest, I would, too. I don't think Miller uses epoxy, so his head work probably flows a lot of volume without the velocity required for typical riding. As far as I can tell, it would probably be best suited for drag builds. If even that. Not trying to bash the stuff, but it would be nice to see some proof of power after his port work was done. I've never seen or heard of anyone running his stuff, but I've heard numerous people speak well of Mixxer's port work. I think I remember reading something from Miller stating something to the effect that the Yamaha heads don't require epoxy, and that was all just hype, which I don't agree with. Just my two cents. There have been numerous builds that have proven the benefits of reshaping the ports of the Yamaha head-- especially on the R/X model. The info is out there if you decide to do it yourself, as well. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
219 Posts
i would have went to mixxer, but since i am crunched for time now, i sent my r head to kenz cycle tech. I will try to remember to give you an update when i get it back. he seemed to know what he was talking about, and his turn around time was around a week. so i went with it since his pictures looked like good porting and he uses epoxy.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Kenz does great work
Not to high-jack the OP's thread, but ldjbuff, I'm curious to know, do you know what kind of power and torque you're making? I'm rebuilding mine in the very near future (possibly entire frame off), and was considering a build almost identical to yours. If you don't want to share the info publicly, pm me. If you don't want to share at all, I understand.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I talked to miller. Id prefer mixxer but on a time crunch as well

Miller seems knowledgeable but you guys are making me nervous to the fact he dont use epoxy. He assures ill be very happy and will be able to to casual riding as well.

I guess ill be the test dummy for yfzcentral.com lol

·
Registered
592 Posts
Not to high-jack the OP's thread, but ldjbuff, I'm curious to know, do you know what kind of power and torque you're making? I'm rebuilding mine in the very near future (possibly entire frame off), and was considering a build almost identical to yours. If you don't want to share the info publicly, pm me. If you don't want to share at all, I understand.
Nevermind, found your sheet! Nice numbers!

·
Registered
776 Posts
We had miller do a port and polish of a crf450r head and he uses epoxy on the intake side, looks great and should run smooth, haven't had a chance to put the bike back together yet

·
Registered
235 Posts
Miller does a lot of powder coat engines, his heads do great racing from what i've heard. His work is great and cheap which is hard to find. He does YFZ oil mod for 80$ parts included.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pro power porting done my head epoxy porting lot of work in combustion chamber area looked great runs even better cost was 150$ plus shipping and was only gone 8 days from time I shipped till I received it back
Miller done a ltr head for me it ran awesome to but ltr doesn't need epoxy porting just exhaust port opened up

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes pro power does my work
I saw a huge gain but done outher mods at the same time
13.1 piston Fmf ti 4.1 pro power head was on stock r cams then switched to 08 cam and that was the missing link
I'm now making as much power as my ltr was and have a good bit more bottom power
The cam works great but only on a hv ported head outher wise I think you will lose power

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.