YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was out practicing today, and I rolled my quad on its side in a turn. It didnt flip but it bent the steering stem :icon_cry:

Anyways tell me about your stems and if you like them or not. The gibson anti-vibe stem, does it work? So forth lol. I am pretty much open to any brand although I like gibson, walsh, houser the most.

It also seemed to have tweaked my subframe a little which is wierd because just rolled on its side. anyways i use my piece of w00ter stock stem to put a little pressure on is and it seems to be straight now. I put a level on it and it looks good. HMMM?

Anybody know of a place that is having a sale or something for a stem?

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have a CAT hydraulic stem for my steering stem :icon_biggrin: hasn't ever bent

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
I've had both Houser and Gibson stems Chance and I settled on the Gibson simply because it matches the rest of my components...I'm anal that way.

I never had any problems with the Houser that I had. It held up great. My Gibson is holding up great aswell. It also came with 2 small spacers that go on the bottom shaft in order to almost eliminate bump steer and have a tight turning radius.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what all will I have to buy to make it work?

do i need gibson clamps? Do i need a new flag?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
ive heard the burgard ones are pree good. My frends got one on his TRX and he likes it

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (YFZER359 @ Feb 15 2009, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746792
ive heard the burgard ones are pree good. My frends got one on his TRX and he likes it[/b]
I have a burgard stem.......I would buy a gibson over the burgard any day.

Stix, is your flag broke or bent or anything? That would be the only reason you would need to replace it.......unless the gibson stem uses a whole different setup.

·
~ Bad Azz EX Admin ~
3,354 Posts
I rolled mine pretty bad a year ago on my 04. I just replaced my bent stem with an 06 stem. I certainly like the taller feel to it.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (ohsobad_chevy @ Feb 15 2009, 07:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746797
I have a burgard stem.......I would buy a gibson over the burgard any day.

Stix, is your flag broke or bent or anything? That would be the only reason you would need to replace it.......unless the gibson stem uses a whole different setup.[/b]
No my flag is good. But cadwell said that his was adjustable or something like that on his gibson.

Im not sure if it uses a different setup or not. Thats why I was asking before I bought the one in the link

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am 99% sure that you can use that gibson stem with your current flag setup. The only difference in the one that he was talking about and the stocker is that the bump stops are shorter so you can turn a little sharper.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
PMed you Chance...

·
Registered
238 Posts
i just orderd a gibson stem, out of the for sale section on this site for 100 bucks with the clapms, i would check here be4 ebay i allways find better deals if u just check everyday.. or even order from a site sponser..

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i checked on here. I didnt have anytime to wait for one to pop up and ebay didnt have anything. I just ordered a new one. I have a race in two weeks so I couldn't wait

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
Gibson...................... :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Stix1107 @ Feb 16 2009, 07:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=747237
i checked on here. I didnt have anytime to wait for one to pop up and ebay didnt have anything. I just ordered a new one. I have a race in two weeks so I couldn't wait[/b]
I think you will be happy with your choice. Although I would of rather had a Gibson, my Burgard hasn't failed me yet. :icon_biggrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts