YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i rolled over my quad... it messed the stearing up... the tie rods arn't bent... when the handle bars are striaght tires go to the left a few cms... to fix this is there a nut underneath the stearing stem where you can adjust it or fix it... help asap... please tell meh thanks

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
If your tie rods aren't bent then your stem is twisted. You can align the wheels by straightening the bars and loosening the jam nuts on the tierods and turn them till the wheels are straight

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by cjpoole1@Dec 31 2003, 03:24 AM
If your tie rods aren't bent then your stem is twisted. You can align the wheels by straightening the bars and loosening the jam nuts on the tierods and turn them till the wheels are straight
:stupid hes right..... just put ur handlebars straight and hav sumone adjust them while u hold them straight and keep doin it til u get it right

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
take the front plastics off and look at it from the side to see if you stem is bent in any direction. If not, check the handle bar clamp to see if its twisted at the top.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the same problem that i had. I finally found that the splines on the bottom of the streering stem were twisted. You will have to take the steering out to see if this is the problem. I have seen 2 others that were twisted also. Hope this helps!! :yfz

·
Registered
102 Posts
Turn the bars so the handlebar clamp is straight then take a peek down at the bottom of the stem. The tie-rod mount plate should be in the 6 o'clock position (if looking down at it from the top). If the bars are straight and that mount plate is not pointing straight backward than your stem is bent and you need it replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts