YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybod please help...my bike has been stalling when riding onto big hills. Well here it goes. Went out this weekend to ButtCup about 20 from Yuma AZ. Rode to Competition Hill long story short... I have the bike pined on 3rd going racing up to the hill, once I decel and take a slight turn the bike then stalls. But heres the weird part, bike runs really good in n out of dunes, bowls and straights away. :what Just has problems thats mentioned above on that weekend. Bike info: about 12 hours total riding, GYTR exhaust with pipes, jetted, Alba K&N kit and oil changed ever trip. Justed wanted to see if anybody else has had this problem n can share there info before i take my ride to the mechics.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Originally posted by FAST1@Nov 17 2003, 05:56 PM
what is your jetting and what alltitude were you riding at?

what rpm is your idle set at?
What he said. Your idle should be at least 1700.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my jetting is main 165, and pilot 45 with the clip move down 3. I think ButterCup is about 2000 to 2500 in elevation. I don't have anything to really check the rpm, but it seems to idle just right with no bog.

FAST1...Sent you a email

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
YFZ has a light flywheel for faster revving..... just when you go to take the turn..... ride the clutch a little bit to keep from stalling and see if that helps...... Trey

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just finished talking to a local shop mechanics. He stated that it could be the float or my k&n is dirty. Going to check both of them right now, won't be able to tell til the weekend thu. Hopefully this will fix it. Thanks guys for the help :yfz

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
if your k&n is dirty to a point where the bike stalls, it will happen in straightaways and not just up hill, shouldnt have a problem with the float bowl neither, you can either up the idle a bit or like yfz_53 said ride the clutch a bit, that should take care of it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok check out the k&n: clean, float bowl not even going to touch that...still a rookie when it comes to mech work. :lol Going to idle it up just like you guys suggested thu. But, how would I go about checking the rpm. I mean, how do I install a tacho to this beast...wires and step by step if possible.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
you shouldnt need to wire a tach, i mean if you mess with the idle screw and you hear the quad screaming while it is stopped then you have a problem, if you havent messed with it since you went to the dunes then just turn the idle up a bit, no a whole lot just a bit and give that a try but like i mentioned and others did aswell, ride the clutch a bit, or you can spend some cash and get a weighted flywheel from trailtech i think IMO learn how to ride the clutch a bit :D

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
are you on the 3rd clip on the stock needle or GYT-R needle?

If the GYT-R needle, you should drop the clip down to the 4th from top position and try it. You sound a bit lean for your mods in my opinion.

If stock needle I would move it down to at least the 5th position from the top and maybe 6th. My assumption is though that you have the GYTR needle. correct?

Do you know how many turns out you are on the fuel mixture screw? I would try around 2 1/2 to 3 turns out..you could be lean there also for your mods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts