YFZ Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son and I Go to Dumont Dunes regularly.

The YFZ 450 is a sensational Quad. If ya pull up anywhere, people come up and talk to you.

We've come across several riders that were stopped couldn't get it re-started.

What we found was most had the kill switch engaged on the left handlebar and didn't know it, the rest were outta gas, and we pointed out where the new for Yamaha design pet ****/selector is.

We switched them to reserve-off/ or switched the kill button and off they went.

Some were even in the process of a tow sling and a truck to pull them back.

Hold that thought!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Hummmmm..... You check the Gas...? :lol
It happens on the first trip of the year with us... couple of riders forget to Turn ON the fuel before leaving camp... :re only to run out while a few hundred yards away.

·
Registered
479 Posts
kill switch??? what is this?

i don't see on, i'm taking mine to the dealer sat.. i checked all... :angry

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Kill switch = The switch that says Run and off. It has to be on Run for it to "Run". Imagine that! I have been riding since I was two. When I was 4 and could actually comprehend what my father was teaching me, the first thing he taught me was about the fuel petcock. How do people not know this? I mean I know it's tucked up in there, but still.

·
Registered
479 Posts
thats what i thought, not that either, dam bike, can't wait to ride it again, i got so many goodies for it!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Dec 24 2003, 08:12 AM
happened to me yesterday......Died two times...first time it took 10min to restart it and get going....2nd time it wouldnt start, put it on reserve and it started. Yet I had plenty of gas left  :what
Man, I'm having the same problem. It will run for about 5 mins (full tank) gas "on" then die, switch to "reserve" go for another 5 mins die again, switch back to "on" and ride all day.WTF? Any ideas? :what

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Originally posted by YFZ439+Dec 24 2003, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ439 @ Dec 24 2003, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YFZCentral@Dec 24 2003, 08:12 AM
happened to me yesterday......Died two times...first time it took 10min to restart it and get going....2nd time it wouldnt start, put it on reserve and it started. Yet I had plenty of gas left  :what
Man, I'm having the same problem. It will run for about 5 mins (full tank) gas "on" then die, switch to "reserve" go for another 5 mins die again, switch back to "on" and ride all day.WTF? Any ideas? :what [/b][/quote]
make sure you let it warm up really good. after i get mine started from even 12hrs of being put up, if i dont let it get ready, it will do that to me. now, i let it sit for about 5 or so min and then ride in 1st and second gear for another 5 min...then its ready to rock

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When ever I have a vehicle that does that,, i generally pull the gasline, and blow compressed air through it and through the shutoff valve.

If you havent re jetted your YFZ,, it could be the problem.

If ya dont feel like doing it yourself,, take it to the dealer,, and pay a couple hrs labor.

I can't get over how easy they start after a re jet.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by YFZCentral@Dec 24 2003, 08:12 AM
happened to me yesterday......Died two times...first time it took 10min to restart it and get going....2nd time it wouldnt start, put it on reserve and it started. Yet I had plenty of gas left :what
I think I remember once to turn the fuel on after I unloaded mine. Start it up,...let it idle and warm up,..get changed for a ride....hop on and go,..about 20yds then dies....
Me, banging my head against the bars for being so excited and not remembering to turn the dam gas on,...
Sad part,...I KNOW it's going to happen again,... :cry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts