YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured this one out the other day and man am I happy.
I got my first ride on the white YFZ up in the dusty Sierras. Came back and the plastic was ground in brown all up the sides from the fenders to the top of the tank. Thought to myself there must be a way to get it out without ruining the plastic. Tried soapy water and a sponge. No good. Tried liquid Comet. No good. Tried soft scrub. No good. Tried regular powder Comet. GOOD. A few rubs and it all came right out. Looks brand new and it was almost effortless. Good thing, I was tired from riding and scrubbing with all of those other cleaners. :re

Give it a shot, it's not industrial strength or anything so it does the job without killing the plastic.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Has anyone tried that koala sutff that bob was talking about? If so, how was it. And where can i get some?

·
Registered
85 Posts
another extremly good thing is a scratch remover from PC Racing it is prolly the best thing ever made, it got out deep gouges in my plastics and removed sum brown stainst hat i had, it wont restore the shininess but it look a hell of alot better than it did before, try it out, its only like 17 bucks works reallllly good :lol :rock :yfz

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks Barely Legal

I tried the comet w/bleach tonight and it worked perfect. I would highly recommend trying it before buying anything expensive.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Barely Legal,
Ive been scrubbing my arse off with soft scrub, wesleys bleach white, etc... NO GOOD. I was sceptical of scrubbing my baby with anything as harsh as comet. But, I nutted up this past weekend after I got home from a 4 hour ride and the yfz was brown instead of white :cry . Guys try it if you havent, comet works like a champ!! GOOD. Then, spray it with armour all to restore shine. Its the best my quad has looked since she was new. :rock

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
My riding environment is dissasterous to the white plastic.. mud, dust grime.. Gives that white a nice dark brown finish on the sides..that I've used almost everything to try and clean.. that was until I found this product..

PLEXUS plastic cleaner protectant & polish..

this stuff works miracles on cleaning white plastic..

very reasonably priced at $5.99 a can..

web site is www.plexusPlasticCleaner.com

you can thank me later..

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I've tried everything.. including Mcguires plastic cleaners.. saw this product at a local dealer and was very skeptical since everything I've purchased has not worked.

My dealer had it availalble for $5.99 and one can purchase.

just give the manufactor a call and find out where it is sold in your area on a retail basis.

IT DOES WORK!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use to use wd40 to keep my plastic looking new but i found out after a while that it wears the clearcoat finish off so I found out that you can use armorall and it works just as good as wd40 but doesnt eat the clearcoat. :nono

1 - 13 of 13 Posts