YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody riding in the St. louis area. I moved here recently and don't have anybody to ride with or know where any places to ride are. If you know of any or interested in hitting the track or something sometime let me know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not yet but im planning on getting into it soon. Right now i just go to the track and practice but its not all that great going by yourself you know. There any tracks out there in iberia

·
Registered
151 Posts
My whole family struggles through the obviously desolate and barren riding scene in StL. St. Joe state park is a blast, Finger Lakes is solid as long as it hasn't rained recently, and Action Motocross is also a respectable and usually has well faced jumps. I haven't been to Waw00tera offroad park in a while and I need to go back because they have a massive tabletop that would rock if it was faced right. I went on a muddy day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
allright, censorship machine. It's not waw00teria mx park. It's Wa$h1ta MX park. Pronounced Wah-shee-tah

Obviously, get to know people. I know a dude out 44 with a private track I've hit twice. It's small, but riding is riding and getting your fix is getting your fix. I'm always looking for more land, but I'm quiet and don't get out much so I've just got the one spot there. I'm CADding up a good medium/small portable FQX launch ramp, but I need someone with a pile of dirt if I want to use it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds good to me any of yall got plans this weekend i want to go ride its supposed to be nice? Jimmy you stay in the st. louis area and i think i have a place were you can hit the ramp once its finished i have a buddy that owns about 160 acres in sullivan and i already asked if i could build a jump there and he said no problem if you interested let me know.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You've got yourself an information-packed PM with a bunch of details that would have been tedious and uninformative to post publicly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (davenportracing @ Mar 7 2009, 08:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=755061
just call matt 573-378-3393 and ask when you can practice he should let you pratice any time they are some guys that are praticeing tomarrow sunday[/b]
Yeah i couldn't make it out that weekend sucks that track looks pretty sweet but I'm going to try and head out that way this weekend, you going to be out there?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
holydiver, i could drive to you in about 10 minutes, lol. Im Jimmy's brother and i, too could ride with you at your buddies land. that would be awesome. i MIGHT have access to a bobcat if this gets serious. Ill talk to jim tomarrow. your friends land is an hour away from me, so that isnt too bad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (Joester @ Mar 10 2009, 06:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=756314
holydiver, i could drive to you in about 10 minutes, lol. Im Jimmy's brother and i, too could ride with you at your buddies land. that would be awesome. i MIGHT have access to a bobcat if this gets serious. Ill talk to jim tomarrow. your friends land is an hour away from me, so that isnt too bad.[/b]
That sounds good to me my buddy starts back up working with me on wed so ill have some more time to talk to him about it but and where we can place everything but he already said its cool. You ever go out to that track off 47 i think its called action not really sure but ill probably be heading out there this weekend or somewhere my buddys banshee just craped out on him so he cant but if your down?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
YES! i go there all the time. i can clear every jump there now. (YFZ is much better than the ol' blaster on tracks) im thinking of going tuesday, cause its my spring break and its supposed to be sunny and 70, plus sat is supposed to rain i think. ill go check.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
its "mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of pm showers and a high of 54" Im down if my mom will go.. im only 17 and you have to be 18 to sign for yourself (kinda sucks for me) maybe jimmy will go too, hes supposed to not ride till the 20th due to arm injury, but maybe he'll break the rules :nono: if Jim went he can sign for me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
every jump even the big table in the back im landing about half a length two short on that one and theres another one i dont like cause i land flat all the time your going to have to show me some stuff then. I thought it wasnt supposed to rain till saturday night and a high of 54 nice. i work through out the week but it will be on my way home on tuesday just wont be able to get there till like 6 or so

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
ok, i asked my mom and she said the typical mom answer of " i just dont know"

my moms the cool type, so thats probably a yes, lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Were you there last weekend on sat when all the dirtbikes and everybody was there

1 - 20 of 92 Posts