YFZ Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to change my sprocket wat do u guys suggest 13 t or 12 t and y???????????? i think im going with 12t

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Can you be a bit more specific as to what style of riding that you are planning to do, and what size rear tires that you have on? If you drastically change the front sprocket such as with a 12T with stock 20's, you will not only lose top end, but create massive wheel spin, all while having to shift like crazy through the gears, as an example only.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Husker525 @ Feb 22 2009, 02:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=749282
Can you be a bit more specific as to what style of riding that you are planning to do, and what size rear tires that you have on? If you drastically change the front sprocket such as with a 12T with stock 20's, you will not only lose top end, but create massive wheel spin, all while having to shift like crazy through the gears, as an example only.[/b]
well i trail ride .... im also installing a dynatek rev box will that help??

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
All you're doing with a Dyna is increasing the Rev limit and aquiring some custom power curves which isn't gonna help in the power transfer from such a high accelerating drivetrain to the ground with such low gearing. I wouldn't go any lower then a 13t front for your application.

Husker525 has much better advice though as he has Arenacross racing expirience which even a 12t would be ridiculous.

·
Registered
13 Posts
im running a 38 tooth rear and a 15 tooth front but take in minde if you go bigger then stock you will have to grind the case saver to make it fit its very easy tho i have a 15 tooth and i have lots of top end not as good for sad tho

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thank you very much SEyama450. It is extremely different now though too,haha. Gibson front end comes in wednesday, All new Axis shocks all the way around and new nerfs. I got off those big bulky dull things. I just haven't changed the picture..

Also i'll probably hear a lot of crap for this but I have stock gearing, 14 front and 38 rear and I like it.. I have 18" rears and I noticed a top end loss but a huge torque and bottom end gain that was well worth it. If I did change the gearing anyways I would probably just drop to a 13 front and keep the 38 rear.. Just make sure you get nice sprockets and they should last you forever (figuratively speaking). Renthals probably the way to go..I just wish they made the colored ones for ATV's! Go figure

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Jacob C. @ Feb 23 2009, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750251
Thank you very much SEyama450. It is extremely different now though too,haha. Gibson front end comes in wednesday, All new Axis shocks all the way around and new nerfs. I got off those big bulky dull things. I just haven't changed the picture..

Also i'll probably hear a lot of crap for this but I have stock gearing, 14 front and 38 rear and I like it.. I have 18" rears and I noticed a top end loss but a huge torque and bottom end gain that was well worth it. If I did change the gearing anyways I would probably just drop to a 13 front and keep the 38 rear.. Just make sure you get nice sprockets and they should last you forever (figuratively speaking). Renthals probably the way to go..I just wish they made the colored ones for ATV's! Go figure[/b]
ya i did order the renthal... thanks guys for ur help.. ill let u know how it runs

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE (Oregon's Finest @ Feb 25 2009, 02:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=750701
Haha Renthal was such a bad decision. Aluminum sprockets are the biggest waste of money since the invention of the pet rock.[/b]
I agree, my aluminum sprocket would blow teeth off of it lol. Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts