YFZ Central banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me what the best sizes for front and rear sprockets are for pulling wheelies

·
Registered
550 Posts
that must be crazy our bikes stock love wheelies with that gearing i imagine u can ride that thing till u run outa gas LOL!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i would say about a 13-38 or 12-38, depending on mods. 13-44 would make you top out at like 90 km/h! lol i dont know what it would be in miles per hour

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just got new sprockets and i got a 12 and a 40 and it is horrible every gear winds out so fast and my top speed seems like 45mph and it blows at doing wheelies what if i would keep my 12 and go like a 37 or 38 in the rear. some one told me that 2 small sprockets will make it come op good

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
id go with 12/38 or 13/38

12 40 is WAAAYYY to geard down, thats like riding in first gear everywhere lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
i run 15/36 and can catwalk forever my rpm is very wide so i can stay in one gear for a long time

i mostly catwalk in 4th or 3rd sometimes 5th

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (yfzer013 @ Feb 15 2009, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746776
i run 15/36 and can catwalk forever my rpm is very wide so i can stay in one gear for a long time

i mostly catwalk in 4th or 3rd sometimes 5th[/b]
yea but what do you have done to your motor?

if you have a motor wit some mods and extra power then you have the power to accomedate the taller gearing

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i was askin the other dude, then i asked you later in the thread but alright

but im thinkin the piston gave you a bit more bottom end, pipe and filter is all over, and cam-mod is for top end. You should be fine with stock gearing (14/38) but if you want more pullin power to pull the front end up and keep it up, id say 13/38. IMO

anymore then that your top speed is gunna go way down and in my opinion, completely useless and a waste of money for the sprockets. But thats just my opinion

·
Registered
202 Posts
i dont have to much done

cam mod, k/n intake,12.5:1 piston, tbr exhaust, wr crank and some other little things

pops up fine in 4th with 15/36 gearing

but i do alot of catwalks if that helps lol

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
QUOTE (yfzer013 @ Feb 15 2009, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=746793
i dont have to much done

cam mod, k/n intake,12.5:1 piston, tbr exhaust, wr crank and some other little things

pops up fine in 4th with 15/36 gearing

but i do alot of catwalks if that helps lol[/b]
lol yea

with or without dumpin the clutch?

i can get mine up in every gear withouth the clutch with stock gearing, pree inpressive to me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i never dump unless im racing someone or if im loosing power i just pull the clutch in real quick with my thumb still on the gas and let it out

but never when i catwalk i just rev up then let the rpm drop again then giver causeing the rpms to jump real quick so the front can come up

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
ah i see

i just pin it and pull up like a motherFer lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts