YFZ Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont have a compressor big enough to run an impact, its soaking in WD right now to help me out, what should i do to get it off???!!!

i need help ASAP!

·
Registered
247 Posts
How bout a cheater pipe on the end of a breaker bar.... :icon_eek:

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Set it in gear and get a 94376598 foot long tube with a break bar?

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you have a torch you could warm it up a little...Im sure its below zero up there...

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
we got it

and its not very cold in the garage lol, and its only about -5C right now, weve been havin some warm temps lately

we just put the chain back around the sprockets and i held the back brake while my pops torqued on er

is there such thing as a quick release type thing for that?
im gunna be changin the front sprocket a bit because i bought a 13 tooth sprocket for the sand and im gunna be sand ridin quite a bit this summer, or do you think a 13 tooth would be good for dirt ridin too?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol smartass

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
You're gaining some acceleration by dropping a tooth up front, would that be a good or bad thing for ya?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it goes pree damn fast and i would like some more bottom end but i dont want to be way behind my frends goin down a road

·
Registered
606 Posts
You can leave the 13 tooth front and invest in a few different sized rears, play with them til you get the right size...easier to change usually! Take your left rear tire off and the four bolts out of the sprocket...Could work it that way, I never remember how rear and front combos work, but i THINK its if you go down one in front its like going up 3 in back. So with a 13-38 its like having a 14-41. if you wanna leave the 13 then invest in a 35? I think...someone help lol Im pretty sure a 13-35 is the same as a 14-38, which is stock...Wow too much thinking for this late...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ratios are easy to figure out. Just divide the rear sprocket by the front sprocket.
Stock gearing = 38/14 = 2.714:1
One tooth down in front 38/13 = 2.923:1------>7.7% more torque/less speed than stock
This gearing is close to stock 35/13 = 2.692:1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts