YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is already done or in the wrong place, Just figured it'd be nice for everyones weigh in. I just bought a 14 tooth Renthal ultralight for motocross. I was wondering if anyone has actually snapped an sprocket from so much torque and strain on it. I know you can break them buy hitting rocks and stumps. :what

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have renthal ultralight rear sprocket and ride for 2 months with it, i have setup 14-40( for stuntriding) and i changed it because my chain was broken because of it was old. But sprocket can be used for 3-4 months longer. Ps i ride every day.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have ran the Renthal Ultralites and the GYTR's made by Talon. The renthal blew the GYTR away, My GYTR wore down within a month, the renthal lasted almost 7 before even changing and this was no MX quad, Woods and trails back up YFZ

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Just our 0.02 here... We are a sponsor here and sell both types of sprockets. Aluminum and Steel sprockets each have their place.

A Quad sprocket is pretty small to start with, so there is not much weight to save by going with aluminum over steel. Yes the aluminum sprocket is technically lighter. But in the real-world, you or your quad would not feel any performance gains just by going with an aluminum sprocket.

Steel sprockets will typically last 3-4 times longer... and are less $$$. That is usually the reason 95% of our customers go with steel.

Check out the Sprockets and Complete Chain Kits we have available here -
YFZ 450 04-14 (CARB)
YFZ 450R/X 09-15 (EFI)

If you have questions, please contact us via direct email, or our website.

Sprocket Center
888-265-2141
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.