YFZ Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
ive never found a color anywhere close, but some guys from a body shop told me about some specialty paint stores that they get custom colors from, they can load any color into a rattle can or just give a quart or anything, i would try to find a store like that in your area, or go talk to some auto body shops in the area and see if they can help, take a piece of plastic to match the color too.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I woudl'nt even waste your time spray painting anything on your quad, I used to be big into spray paint when I first got my banshee in 02 and the quad ended up looking like a pile of crap once it wore off within a year... powder is def the way to go... just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
QUOTE (Jim417mx @ Mar 2 2009, 06:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753051
I'm not trying to be a dick, but I woudl'nt even waste your time spray painting anything on your quad, I used to be big into spray paint when I first got my banshee in 02 and the quad ended up looking like a pile of crap once it wore off within a year... powder is def the way to go... just my 2 cents...[/b]
your exactly right but i dont think you can powdercoat plastic. i think hes wanting to paint those plastic guards inside the wheel and i doubt you can powdercoat those.

idk everybody elses opinions but id get rid of them if it was me.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya but its not the plastic guards its the screen that has the holes drilled in it that goes around the hub.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My powder coater was telling me that there is a powder that you can powder coat plastic and glass with now. The plastic has to be a tough plastic and it takes a lot longer because it has to be cooked and cooled down several times. He had some glass there that he had done and it looked great. I was going to take some extra plastic I had and let him try it, he said that right now the only colors are red, black and blue (not yamaha blue)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
i painted those things black and blacked them out. they still looks good too cause they dont get that much abuse.

·
Registered
938 Posts
QUOTE (CMAT @ Mar 3 2009, 06:34 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=753285
My powder coater was telling me that there is a powder that you can powder coat plastic and glass with now. The plastic has to be a tough plastic and it takes a lot longer because it has to be cooked and cooled down several times. He had some glass there that he had done and it looked great. I was going to take some extra plastic I had and let him try it, he said that right now the only colors are red, black and blue (not yamaha blue)[/b]

that powder will crack on your plastics, 2 much flex..... weve already tried it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts