YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which pipe is better sparks or tc sound is not an issue?

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
I've already cracked 2 sparks pipes and I'm on my 3rd now. They seem to be pretty weak in the silencer to head pipe plate area, and that's where I've cracked my last 2. Good news is I get a new pipe everytime I break one. bad news is I have to send them my old pipe first.

I have no expeirence with the TC pipe.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I have not personally used a sparks but have passed guys with them, seriously though it is your choice. Just an FYI I have heard guys selling their Sparks cause the kicker wont clear so if you plan on putting one in skip the hassle. and ya,the TC is mainly a track pipe with low-mid power gains. those gains are awesome though :woo

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
many people keep making the comments that the kicker will not clear.... but they do!

on the 1st design from sparks the pipe stayed out a bit... and the kicker would hit it....
now on the newest ones that i have got in stock, the bend is slightly different which should allow more room giving the kicker room to clear....

and as far as cracking, on the latest sparks pipes i have recieved, the metal they are now using is much stronger. the vibration was causing the thinner pipe to crack where it enters the silencer. now the stronger pipes are supposed to hold up much better.

although... even on the older ones, sparks is upgrading it to the heavier metal, and recoating them at no charge if they crack. the downtime hurts... but sparks is standing behind their product 100%

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those are the two best pipe builders in my opinion. You can't go wrong with either one. I have ordered a Sparks but will get my motor work from TC. It all depends on where you want most of your power. I'm going for all around so Tom is going to port my head and I'll keep my Curtis pipe. It's about 70%rider,30%machine.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by DrakeSpeed@Jan 20 2004, 09:20 PM
Those are the two best pipe builders in my opinion. You can't go wrong with either one. I have ordered a Sparks but will get my motor work from TC. It all depends on where you want most of your power. I'm going for all around so Tom is going to port my head and I'll keep my Curtis pipe. It's about 70%rider,30%machine.
i thought you had an esr? :what

·
Registered
304 Posts
sparks....just knowing they will cover your ass if a problem comes up is enough to me. even though it most likely cranks out more hp anyways.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My bad, I did not realize they had fixxed the problem. (Sparks)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey woodward could you post a pic shwing that the sparks does work with the kicker now?
Like show a pic of one installed with a kicker, or put an older Sparks and a new Sparks next to each other?
If you could that would help.
Because I will be buying a pipe in hte near future, I was considering a Sparks then I heard they diddent work with the kicker, so I threw that idea out hte window. Because I want to buy a kciker sometime, and I dont feel like having to buy an all new pipe to make it fit.
Tony

·
Registered
446 Posts
Come on, I need to see that the pipe indeed will fit a kicker.
Soon I'm gona have enought money for a pipe, and I need to know this when buying one.
Also woodward how much do you cost for a stainless steel sparks pipe?
Tony

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I think that the Sparks is great and all but I would go with a ESR or a custom TA pipe.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
Strange I tell you, because my 3rd Sparks pipe is now showing signs of fatigue, and will probably crack pretty soon. And I put this pipe on 2 weeks ago. :wtf Hopefuly it will last because I do like them.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Merriman@Jan 29 2004, 06:46 PM
Strange I tell you, because my 3rd Sparks pipe is now showing signs of fatigue, and will probably crack pretty soon. And I put this pipe on 2 weeks ago. :wtf Hopefuly it will last because I do like them.
idea....... go to TC! :lol

·
Registered
971 Posts
I HAVE ONE OF THE VERY FIRST SPARKS PIPES MADE AND I ALSO HAVE A THE GYTR KICKER AND IT CLEARS FINE THE KICKER DOES HIT THE PIPE WHEN FOLDED IN BUT ITS NO BIG DEAL AS SOON AS I GET TIME 5 MIN WITH THE GRINDER IT WILL BE PERFECT ALSO AC PROPEGS WITH HEELPLATES HAVE TO BE BENT ALSO A LITTLE BIT TO CLEAR THE KICKER BUT JUST SMACK THEM WITH A MALLET :rock

1 - 20 of 22 Posts