YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into either a sparks or hmf exhaust. Which one would be better. I like the sparks but the hmf i can get in candy red and it has a 10year packing warranty and 2 year pipe warranty. I can't decide.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i think they will feel pretty close to each other on the quad. It will just be a personal preforance choice. I went with HMF and love it!

·
Registered
197 Posts
project thunder? either way it looks bada$$ were did you get those propegs without the heal gaurds? I envy you if thats your quad :O

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
thats not the boss's quad. the owners name escapes me. but, i have a few questions for the owner. did you mount the number plate to the same spot the brake light used to be? and, what is that behind the footpegs? its like an extension-ive never seen it before. how do you like the klaws btw? nice quad too

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just to answer some of your questions...

I mounted the number plate to the actual break light.

Behind the footbegs are where the healgurads are supposed to be mounted, but I asked AC to leave them off when they built mine. The kind of did me a favor because I let them use my bike to fabricate the parts off of. I don't think that they are actually producing them like that though.

The klaws btw hook up great, I think that they hook up as good as the ITP MS, but the ITPs are lighter, but we don't have to worry about that. The klaws last longer though.

The seat cover it an All Trac 2 Nstyle. It's actually for the Raptor, but it fit on my bike perfect! :yfz

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
I would go with the Sparks. I've never rode a YFZ w/ an HMF, but I have w/ a Sparks.... and can i tell you..... that thing was FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think a YFZ w/ an HMF would beat it in a straight drag...... id be very surprised if it did. Well thats my $.02.... good luck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am going with the HMF, it looks great and everyone I heard of dealing with them is very impressed with there customer servise. I am a novice racer and the extra power that this slip on will give me is totaly fine for me. I have heard that Sparks makes a great product as well and will give you more on top end. But on the track, I dont need a lot more top end + I want that candy red powder coating. Good luck. :rock

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yo fast one, there is a motion pro twist throtle on ebay for $43.00 (buy it now price) I dont know if thats cheap or not, but noticed it while browsing YFZ 450 search. :rock

1 - 20 of 26 Posts