YFZ Central banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on ATV Scene.com:

The first aftermarket pipe for the YFZ - The Sparks Racing X-6 Exhaust Kit

Here's some YFZ history that we're a little more sure of. Sparks Racing becomes the first aftermark pipe builder to have their pipe product ready for retail. Sparks Racing tested the YFZ on their Dynojet Dyno. In stock form they claim it put out 37 peak hp. With their new Sparks Racing X-6 Exhaust Kit, air filter kit, jet kit, and Sparks cam mods they boasted the mighty YFZ to 47 peak hp. Their biggest hp gain was on the upper end, which netted a 11.5 hp gain over the stocker. Sparks says the power was also much broader than the stock system. In riding the quad with these simple mods Curtis himself said, "it's awesome! The gain was really shocking and we are very excited about the future of this Yamaha!

·
Registered
126 Posts
LIes...Lies... Lies.

First the GYT-R was the first pipe out, and the sparks isn't even avaliable yet.

Second these motors at Rear wheel are putting out 40-43 (based on 8 YFZ's dynod) and the Peake gain on the GYT-R was also 47, with a larger increase in the mid.

Don't always beleive what you read, On raptors we did some test of different pipes and found the manuf supplied number where bit lower then what was printed.

I don't remember where it came from but I saw a flyer from FMF for the YFZ pipe claiming 34 stock HP, and they gained 5.5 HP.

4-stroke single pipes in lower HP bikes won't change much, once you open them up and let them breathe there is not much more you can do to effect power. You can change core dia and tapers but those are usually good for .5 a HP either way.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I ordered my Sparks today and they said they will be ready to ship next week. Now I am not saying that it WILL ship next week but that would be pretty brazen of them to promise that. Besides people out there already have them on their quads.
Isaac
P.S. If you havent noticed yet there are about 6 different dyno graphs out there claiming different things.

·
Registered
625 Posts
oh yeah and GYT isnt out yet and it also isnt aftermarket. Sparks is the first aftermarket pipe to come out.
Isaac

·
Registered
417 Posts
Just a "Heads up" about Sparks pipes...

Guys who have the Z400 were being told about 6 months ago (I think that's right) that they would be shipping out in two weeks. I know that Sparks had the prototype done pretty early on the Z as well. Not quite as early as the YFZ, but early.

Anyway, they could be saying that just to keep you happy.....let's hope not. I know there were a ton of people at z400central who waited forever for it and ended up buying something else.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ordered my Sparks today and they said they will be ready to ship next week. Now I am not saying that it WILL ship next week but that would be pretty brazen of them to promise that. Besides people out there already have them on their quads.
Isaac

How much was it? Full system or slip-on.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told last night that HMF will have one ready by the end of the week. I think that is the pipe i'm going to go with first.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I paid 449 plus shipping. And they apparently include all the info needed to duplicate their Dyno run. As far as how to change the timing on the exhaust cam and what to do to the airbox.
Oh and I have to admit I was incorrect on the difference of cams on the two Yam engines.
Isaac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts