YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it in baby!!! Can't wait til tonight to put it on and this weekend to see how it does. I'll be at Flyin W's in Mississippi. See ya there....

Attachments

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Originally posted by Woody_YFZ@Aug 8 2003, 03:29 AM
Even better, does that help your horse power??
helps his power........ not the quads ;) :lol :ihit

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by YFZ_53+Aug 8 2003, 03:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (YFZ_53 @ Aug 8 2003, 03:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Woody_YFZ@Aug 8 2003, 03:29 AM
Even better, does that help your horse power??
helps his power........ not the quads ;) :lol :ihit [/b][/quote]
;) wouldn't you like to know....

·
Registered
625 Posts
make sure you are careful not to scratch the ceramic coating when you put the clamp on the header/silencer joint. Other than that dont start it in your garage even a little bit or you will be lacking some hearing.
Isaac

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, it already scratched it a little bit...

im guessing i have to use the stock clamp? my sparks didnt come with one....

·
Registered
625 Posts
yeah stock clamp. Make sure you get it in place before you even mess with putting the exhaust on. Also, after you are done installing it (shouldnt take more than 10 minutes) wipe it down from the front to the back with rubbing alky and that way you wont get any fingerprints burned in.
Isaac

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks man, i did'nt get a chance to put it on last night so i will tonight when i get off of work. ill keep you updated on how it runs

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was gonna get one, but curt didnt have any left so i got a Bladwinn, has anyone compared Sparks to Baldwinn, i love this pipe, he said 7 more HP and i beleive it...i figure theres not much of a difference but just curious

·
Registered
19 Posts
flyin w in ceterville what a place to get one muddy!!! actually I hear its not that bad down there, but bunker where ya live, we ride on HWY 33 on the other side of crosby at the river, just ordered my sparks pipe today, lemme know what ya doing for jetting on that thing since we are so close. maybe we could meet up and ride sometime.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I talked to Mark Baldwin yesterday to order some chit from him for my YFZ and he told me about his pipe. I already have the Sparks so I didnt need another one but his pipe looks very similar to the HMF. I have no reason to believe that Marks pipe is going to be very competitive with all of the others out there. If you still wanted to get the Sparks pipe you could get ahold of brit at terry racing I understand he still has one or two Sparks systems left.
Isaac

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by yfzrider@Aug 9 2003, 01:59 AM
flyin w in ceterville what a place to get one muddy!!! actually I hear its not that bad down there, but bunker where ya live, we ride on HWY 33 on the other side of crosby at the river, just ordered my sparks pipe today, lemme know what ya doing for jetting on that thing since we are so close. maybe we could meet up and ride sometime.
yea man, awsome place to ride. actually there are 3 trails. 2 are not muddy and the other one i would never put my yfz down. its awsome practice for XC. YFZ_53 wil be there too. Right now he has a Z set-up for MX and he can still ride it on these trails. i love it there.

im probobaly going up on my jet to either a 165 or 170, il let you know when i find out which one is better.
but, i live right outside of baton rouge, which is only an hour away from flyin w's. he also has a awsome mx track there, but i dont think its open to the public yet, ill find out tommorrow.

·
Registered
19 Posts
cool I have never been there but thinking about going, we usually ride at the river on highway 33 or go to forrest hill to the dunes. Sparks recommended a 170 in my bike. can't wait to get it. I have met windom so many times and haven't made it to his place yet. here the deep(muddy) south is no trail for race bikes

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea, if you see that pic in my avatar, that is from the dunes...

we also go to forrest hill, some places in texas, and mena which is at the southwest corner of arkansas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts