YFZ Central banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U know... i tried and tried but i just cant get that Sparky out. I got needlenose pliers like ppl said and tried to twist and pull but it wouldnt budge. All it did was dent and scratch up the pipe. U can tell i was tampering with it. How did u guys get it out? And was it difficult for u too? :angry

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was a pain too. I just used a punch and hammer with light hits work slow around it. It does ding it up good but it's not like your going to put it back in. It's just a quick fix intill you get a pipe. It does take alittle time but it will come out. There mite be a better way but I was just going to toss mine in a box anyway. Let me know if that works. Use vise grips to help when you get it started.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Originally posted by YFZdream450@Sep 15 2003, 03:39 PM
U know... i tried and tried but i just cant get that Sparky out. I got needlenose pliers like ppl said and tried to twist and pull but it wouldnt budge. All it did was dent and scratch up the pipe. U can tell i was tampering with it. How did u guys get it out? And was it difficult for u too? :angry
Needle nose - ya gots to twist it a bit.

Just get a different pipe... that'll fix it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i uses a vice on the spark and twisted and pulled.
now i take it out and in withn 1 minute.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Somebody suggested getting the pipe nie and hot so the peashooter will come out easier. try that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
get vise grips and twist it counter clockwise while pulling hard! dont worry about what it looks like when it comes out. now get in there and pull it out like a man!
if youre worried about the dealer noticing it being tampered with, tell them you were cleaning the spark arrestor just like the owners manual says you should!!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
pull the end cap off after removing the three fasteners... remove the small bolt at the end of the pipe that holds the sparky in.. take a flat blade screwdriver and stick the end of it in between the small gap from the pipe and the sparky around the circumference of where the sparky and pipe meet each other. Turn screwdriver causing the gap to spread slightly ..move on to another position and slightly spread the gap by twisting the screwdriver.. continue and you'll eventually pop it out.. some are in tighter than others due to the sparky (internals) getting caught inside the pipe sparky sleeve.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry i havent replied..But i got it out 2 days ago via te "twist and pull method" Took a lot, but it did come out. Kinda damaged tho...but after starting her up, dont think i ever want that thing back in there :evilgrin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts