YFZ Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 bill balance edition. I put a vortex ecu on and a fmf 4.1 full intake/pipe combo on. I just moved to Colorado so a spark arrestor is a requirement otherwise you can be fined $1000.

My FMF came with a spark arrestor and I had a shop install everything for me and purchase the parts. I have the spark arrestor and the bag was unopened however it only came with the spark arrestor and manual but no ring clip. The pipe is a ring clip style because the bike doesn’t have a screw hole area in the exhaust where it normally would be. Confused on how to install this piece on my pipe if it didn’t come with the ring clip or maybe the exhaust has a ring clip already sitting in it? It didn’t feel/look like it on the exhaust…

Any suggestions? Pics included
Automotive exhaust Office supplies Automotive lighting Laser pointer Muffler
Automotive tire Font Helmet Headgear Personal protective equipment
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive lighting Fuel tank

·
Registered
2019 YFZ450R SE
57 Posts
Product Audio equipment Gas Automotive tire Circle
Sound box Audio equipment Public address system Electronic instrument Gadget
That one beats me.. First guess is sent either wrong pipe or instructions. The spark arrestor on my Rossier R4 blew out it the first 10ims lol. Long story short, by the grace of god- Sport quads and kitchen sinks united. Ever so so simply, I purchased and installed the almighty stainless steel sink strainer. Went on flawless for the Rossier. Idk about yours but as long as the exhaust tip can be removed you can use the strainer without/with minimal modification. So far proven to br bulletproof for the past half dozen rides but did buy a couple extra
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Fender
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Crankset

1 - 2 of 2 Posts