YFZ Central banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping for a pipe to buy this week for my YFZ. I am looking to find something that makes good power, yet remains fairly quiet. I think the sound level of the stock pipe w/ the spark arrestor removed is just right. I'm not crazy about the tone, but the level is perfect. Can anyone comment on the sound levels of the various pipes available, and maybe a ranking on how they compare?? I appreciate any input that can be provided.

My current choices are HMF, Yoshi, Sparks, and GYTR. I'm thinking about considering some others, but haven't heard much about those others out there.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So with the quiet core installed, it's about as loud as stock w/o the baffle?!?!? I guess I can gather how loud it is without the quiet core installed. :O

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you are concerned with noise then don't get the sparks, mine sounds like a helicopter at idle 8| (I am not kidding) and when you hit it hard you will notice because people behind you have that cringed look on their face. Sparks told me they are going to come out with a kit to bring it down to the 96db California limit and spark arrest it without loosing power but I have to call again to see if it is ready yet.

Anyway yosh makes a quiet core that is not obtrusive but looks funky and I don't now how it cuts performance, hmf looks pretty good to me but i have always liked white brothers pipes for the quieting effect. I would get there e2 pipe they sound really good(to me) and look cool also if you like black. White bros have always performed good for us and they are not expensive at all. I am sure it is not the best hp pipe but you have to sacrifice sometimes :lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have the gytr, with the sparky/baffle in, it is nice and only a few decibels louder than stock...about 95dB.

Take out the sparky and damn! It only seems a little louder in the seat, but let someone else ride it and listen to the sound and it seems 1/2 again louder.

when you pull out the sparky and jet it right...it is as good as getting a rev-box!

It pulls from the bottom all the way to the rev limiter. This engine is as good as it gets, in my opinion, for a do it all quad.

Bio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts