YFZ Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so on intakes I have always known that the K&N brand and that style filter have been known to actually let a ton of s**t andgarbage into the engine and actually be bad for it. I've even read how it's bad for atv's, that being said why's it seem like everyone on here's running that style on their aftermarket intake? I'm about to throw down on an FCI foam intake as I ride in crappy conditions (basically swamps here in florida). Any help is appreciated SLM

·
Registered
858 Posts
K&n filters are 4 ply gauze. The fci is an 8 ply gauze. I have been running k&n for a long time and have not had dirt get in. I have an 8 ply fci gauze filter now and they're awesome. Way easier to clean than foam too. You have to use oil that is designed for gauze filters too. I use the k&n cleaner and oil which you can find at almost any auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
FCI is the best intake on the market,the K&N filters are a 4 ply,the FCI filter is a 8 ply and has a outerwear that stops almost anything u throw at it,either foam or paper filter from FCI you wont be dissapointed with the results

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.