YFZ Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 6-8 months ago, when i got my pipe, i went up to my dealer and asked for jetting help, there mechanic handed me only a main and a pilot jet. he said dont mess with the fuel screw, or the needle. it will be fine. and it runs fine, ( still has that damn bog all yfz's have!) but it ran fine, and still does.
But at the track i went to, i rode my buddy's 450r and it had NO hesitation at all! and it really made riding alot easier and alot faster.

so my question is, does any one know where i can get a adjusable needle?( with out buying a damn jet kit! lol) and this leak jet every one talks about? i called my yamaha dealer about it, and they asked if i was making this up?? so whats the part #? or does any one know where i can order one off the internet?

Also, once i get my linkage Zip tied, and the needle in, and the F/A screw adjusted AND the leak jet, should i just leave my main and pilot alone? or what?

thank you all once again!!!

-Nathan

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
if its running fine, i wouldnt worry about the needle or the air fuel, do the zip tie mod, and replace your leak jet, that fixes it in most cases. and then if it doesnt quite fix it, look into adjusting the rest of the jets...

the leak jet is also called the accelerator jet, it is located in the bottom of the carb bowl, go to the dealership and look at a micro fiche, point it out to them....

or if you call, just tell them its the jet for the accelerator pump, someone should know what your talking about.

·
Registered
946 Posts
My dealer said they coudlnt get it, then I researched the part number and called them back, now they can get it... but heres the part number.

Part# 4JT-1494F-01-

And this pic is from Transplanted, I stole it :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks yall!!

ill call em tommorow!!

also, on the zip tie mod.. how MANY zip ties did you have to use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts