YFZ Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after alot of thinking about it we sold my girlfriends 03 LTZ400 last night for $1650. We did good on it. Paid $800, spent $350-400 on tires, front wheel seals/bearings, tie rod ends and UNI filter and sold it for $1650. Today I might have bought one of my better deals. Like new, all stock 2012 YFZ450 with GYTR full skid and swing arm skid for $2200 bucks. They told me they were second owner of it as the original owner decided it was too much bike.....said it might have had 15-20 tanks of fuel through it. Tires are bald on back from riding on the road and the front of A-arms are scratched up from pasture riding. Has a boot rub on plastic here and there but its black so thats gona happen. I was reading about how the changed up the 2012 but for her its gona be perfect!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naw no jumping....nothing crazy anyway. We just trailride and come out of some creeks and catch a little air but thats it. I dont see a need to upgrade anything. They told me they had a FMF or some kinda pipe and jetted it but then took the pipe off. They didnt know what jets were in it but it was indeed still jetted. Need to pull it down I guess and see what Im working with.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congrats amigo! Good things come to those who wait. Glad u didnt trade it for the beater! Again, thanks for all of your help. What color did she get? Post some pics after you run through it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yeah, you should be fine for trail riding. Just be careful/attentive when you tear into the carb on that thing, as they´re not the same as the previous models. Make sure you get the jets specific for the BSR, unless you swap the BSR for an FCR.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats amigo! Good things come to those who wait. Glad u didnt trade it for the beater! Again, thanks for all of your help. What color did she get? Post some pics after you run through it.
Thanks bud! Yeah we found this one last night late on Craigslist and they wanted $3500 for it. I just went down the list on there and txt folks and told them what I could afford and see who would bite. You never know peoples situation and what they will take for something when they have a promise of cash money.....too many tire kickers around!

Yeah, you should be fine for trail riding. Just be careful/attentive when you tear into the carb on that thing, as they´re not the same as the previous models. Make sure you get the jets specific for the BSR, unless you swap the BSR for an FCR.
Yeah I kinda wish it were the same carb as Im very familiar with the FCR but I dont miss the bog.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.