YFZ Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna do the frame, lower a arms and shock springs in orange glow which is a uv stable flourescent type color, and then have a full gloss clear topcoat with GLASS flake,,,, not metal flake,,that is transparent and pearlescent white at the same time......

polish my top a arms

add black fullbore

i have my duncan bumper

get a seat cover from www.razorbackdesigns.com..in metallic orange and white and balck base of course with an orange iron cross with my logo swen init.......... flames like my wifes R that is on the seatcover examples on that site......

billet hubs......and maybe some little extra stuff........

but thats a start.......what ya think??

i ordered the pearl glass flake today...4 ounces.....$85.00

5# powder roughly 100.00.

Just so you know

anyow if there is any interest i will update this post as it comes along.

Guess i cant say this much longer :red

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Please DOOOO Keep us updated...!!!! I'm going to Powder Coat the frame and a few other BLING-BLING, once Dune season is over with... :lol

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Sounds pretty sick, and you know pics will be NEEDED!!!

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
id like pics!!!! :rock :yfz :red

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ya I got all my goddies powercoated for only $300 Canadian, pretty cheap. All I had to do is take it apart. Only 3 hours, Post pics soon. :rock Looks sick.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ron_shat@Jan 15 2004, 06:10 PM
Ya I got all my goddies powercoated for only $300 Canadian, pretty cheap. All I had to do is take it apart. Only 3 hours, Post pics soon. :rock  Looks sick.
cool,,i own my own pc business,,,,,,, :rock its cheap for me too.....but it costs everybody else serious money if they want me to do the custom mixes like that...... :lol

anyhow pics will be posted soon,,,,,,,cause i want mine done before summer,,,,,,i think though that the black fullbore will wait,,,,,cause i want the shock springs fading from orange to metallic white,,(bottom to top),,,,,,and the plastic still white,,,,,should be cool.......

·
Registered
453 Posts
i know u live a long ways from where i do but in waykeny, KS there is a place called dekkins welding that pc'd my dads whole buggy frame blue metalflake for 175 :O :O and did all 4 of my brothers wheels for 55 on his ZR2

·
Registered
500 Posts
Keep us posted, Chris! I am still debating Fullbore plastic, only thing holding me back is trying to justify 200.00 shipping! :bawl :nono

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
NICE pic there Jim!! :rock

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by AlaskaYFZ@Jan 18 2004, 12:17 PM
Keep us posted, Chris!
well i got the flake in the other day,,,,,,,,and after riding today.....which BTW the YFZ with the cam mod,,,and the 15T pulls so hard my arms are like jello.......LOL :lol

this week i should start teardown and stripping and get the powder ordered and have it mostly done except for the plastic, and hubs......but the general look will be there.......i will have a pic of the flake up soon though.....

and i will wait to see what it looks like with the stock white bare plastic before i really order fullbore...... :what

and yamahauler,,,,,,i cant imagine PC'in stuff for less than the powder and materials cost me,,,,,,,,im in it to make money not to spend it on everyone's stuff :nono my flake alone was $ 100.00 :lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK........well i ended up doing the subframe, pegs, brake lever, rear fender brackets, steering stem, shock springs front and rear,,,,rear hubs, and motor mounts in mirror black with flake in it.......but the flake is real small wont show up in the pics..........

frame, lower a arms, and parking brake top in orange glow. the flake didnt turn out as i had thought,,,,,,,but i still like it.....

polished the stock top a arms...........

not too sure about the graphics and seat cover yet,,,,,,,,weather i want to keep it like that........or do just white plastic with a custom cover..........

next in order i think is some Hipers with 18's

so i guess its coming along........

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im undecided on the hubs now also,,,,,,im kinda waiting till im closer to getting hipers,,,,,cause the rears have hubs intergrated...and i dont want to spend the $$$ for a short time when i could put it towards rims and 18's.....

·
Registered
446 Posts
That looks sweet. But the white plastics don't really go good with the color of the frame.
Definetly get the black fullbore's, they would look extremly sweet.
Here is a pics of one of my friends Raptor's with the same exact color scheme as you have:

I think thats one of the best looking color schemes avaible.
Definetly get the fullbores, and keep us updated.
Tony

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes i see now that the black is the way to go..........so once i have my rims and tires i will spring for the fullbore :rock

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cool make sure you post some pics when it's finished.
Also how hard was it to tear your YFZ down to the frame for Pc'ing?
I'm thinking about doing it next winter and I would like to know if its real hard.
I'm not hte best mechanic there is.
Also do you do PC'ing, if you do could you do some stuff for me?
I'm thinking about getting some stuff PC'd, I may/may not.
TOny

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Tony19@Jan 25 2004, 01:19 PM
Cool make sure you post some pics when it's finished.
Also how hard was it to tear your YFZ down to the frame for Pc'ing?
I'm thinking about doing it next winter and I would like to know if its real hard.
I'm not hte best mechanic there is.
Also do you do PC'ing, if you do could you do some stuff for me?
I'm thinking about getting some stuff PC'd, I may/may not.
TOny
nah,,,,,,its not real hard.........there is a lot more stuff than my R's though thats for sure. If you arent used to doing such things just take your time.........

,,,,,,about the plastic it may be a while......hopefully by my birthday or after my next couple of bigger PC jobs................but in the mean time i may just remove the K&K graphics

yes i do PC.....but i rarely take stuff unless its local,,,but give a shout when you are ready and we'll see 8)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts