YFZ Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I want to get a new exhaust because the factory one is rusty and it looks bad. Would a slip on make it run bad? I have a stock 2014 yfz450r
Thanks
You would need a tuner and intake also. The min you make it breather better on the back end you have to compensate on the intake then you need more fuel. Do the big 3 or nothing can lean it out cause it to run rough and cause damage to the motor over time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes they have tunes on them. Cheapest I've found is buy from racing power sports and use code yfzcentral. Not only do they have 9 tunes you can adjust the fuel mapping for low mid and high whenever
I don't think I need a vortex with my style of riding and I'm only really looking to get a slip on and maybe a GYTR style intake I only ride wide open trails. Is the powercomander 5 really that bad of an option?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't think I need a vortex with my style of riding and I'm only really looking to get a slip on and maybe a GYTR style intake I only ride wide open trails. Is the powercomander 5 really that bad of an option?
Well it's your choice. The pc5 have some bumps. Where the vortex is perfection. But whatever you wanna do. Don't just do an intake and exhaust you'll hurt the motor overtime. Possibly blow it I've seen this happen before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it's your choice. The pc5 have some bumps. Where the vortex is perfection. But whatever you wanna do. Don't just do an intake and exhaust you'll hurt the motor overtime. Possibly blow it I've seen this happen before.
I understand I need a tuner for the intake and exhaust I think the pc5 will work good enough for me but I haven't decided yet. Thanks for your advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts