YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the right side of the engine, the neck that slides out of the water pump, there is an o ring, (the radiator hose clamps to the end of this neck, and there is a small bolt that holds it in) in the manual, it has a bottle pointed at the o ring that says LS. was i supposed to silicone this o ring or something? i have a tiny tiny tiny water leak, its just pooling up around the base of the neck, did i not install the o ring right or what? any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
QUOTE (leveldrummer @ Feb 28 2009, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752280
on the right side of the engine, the neck that slides out of the water pump, there is an o ring, (the radiator hose clamps to the end of this neck, and there is a small bolt that holds it in) in the manual, it has a bottle pointed at the o ring that says LS. was i supposed to silicone this o ring or something? i have a tiny tiny tiny water leak, its just pooling up around the base of the neck, did i not install the o ring right or what? any help would be great.[/b]
The pointer probably tell you to lubercate this part. try to loosen the bolt and twist the neck back and forth to try to seat the o ring. There is a chance that dirt is around the o ring or there may be a small cut on the o ring. It may be just as easy to drain the coolant and take it apart. I would not worry about air bubbles in the motor oil.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
LS refers to lithium-soap-based grease. I don't think that's the problem because I didn't apply anything to that o-ring and don't have any problems. Like said before, on bolt partially, wiggle it around and re-torque.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
regular grease will work as well. while your in there, you might as well pull the neck and check the o ring to see if its cut.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
little bit of both. rubber usually seals better if it has some lubrication and it reduces the risk of damage during install.

Damn, that could be taken out of context. :mhihi: :icon_eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts