YFZ Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of you guys have gone to the two seperate front hose's that are longer. But has anyone found a single hose to replace the stock hose, that is longer? Where? How much?

Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just spoke to the people at Galfer in Ventura CA. Said they can make a hose, any length with oem terminations. They have the oem stats on just about every application, offroad and on. Just have to give them the length you want it and application.

Question is-anybody here have a connection to Galfer?

Have to have a business license to buy direct from them. :D

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
could they estimate the cost for you just to lengthen out the top line by 1 1/2"?

I believe the stock system has 3 seperate lines for the front system which all conect at different junction points. Generally if you raise the bars the top line becomes tight.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Galfers nice but spendy, my local farm/semi tractor hose maker can make the same hose for about 1/3 the cost of galfer....

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by FAST1@Feb 27 2004, 10:32 AM
could they estimate the cost for you just to lengthen out the top line by 1 1/2"?

I believe the stock system has 3 seperate lines for the front system which all conect at different junction points. Generally if you raise the bars the top line becomes tight.
Nah, he wouldn't quote me a price. Gotta have the business license. When going to taller bars or a longer stem the upper hose (from master to junction block) gets pulled pretty tight. He said no problem, just how long.

That's who I'm lookin for-maybe somebody that knows somebody else. You can get the longer tandem hose's, but IMO, just replacing the top hose with a longer one is much easier. And I don't really think using the dual hose setup increases performance- just more fluid. :nono

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by OnThaGass@Feb 27 2004, 10:41 AM
Galfers nice but spendy, my local farm/semi tractor hose maker can make the same hose for about 1/3 the cost of galfer....
Yeah, I called a few of the hydraulic place's in Sacramento (I'm a partsman) and asked. Problem is, they all said one end would have to use an adapter. I'm not diggin that. I know Galfer is probably gonna be $$, but if I can get one hose for 1/2 the price of the dual hose setup-I'll be happy. Think about it, those dual hose's use twice the amount of stainless and double the fittings. When all you need is one stainless hose 1-2 inches longer to achieve the task.

Check with your guy and get a price. I'll bet you could sell a ton of them here and on the bay. Anybody that has gone to taller bars/stem is gonna need a longer hose. :D

Let us know......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts