YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning a trip to Silver lake, and I have a question.... whats with the whole voucher deal?
I guess im confused about what it actually is. my understanding is its just an entry pass, and you have to be there at a certain time to get the voucher. I live in Two Rivers wi, and im going to be taking the badger across. total driving time will be less than an hour. the problem is im going to be taking the trip that arrives at like 6 a.m. Am I going to have to be there at a certain time just to get my voucher, so that I can actually get into the dunes at a different time? I read the info on the Michigan dnr site, and that's what brought up these questions:what.... any help would be greatly appreciated. trying to get some guys from work to come with me, but as of now they are undecided because I don't have any solid info besides what the ride across the pond will be.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
If its a busy weekend, which most summers are, you need a voucher to get in to park a truck. They tend to be more lenient with dune ready trucks but again you may be on a waiting list in a parking lot for hours. What else are you asking? The system is stupid but so is our state.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Oh and they pass out vouchers Thursday or Friday. I cant remember. Are you planning a weekend thing or day trip?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it'll probably be a Saturday only trip my first trip. want to check out the scene before I bring my family over and spend a weekend. my wife will prolly want to know what else there is to do in the area cause she wont be wanna sit at the dunes the whole time since she doesn't have a quad yet..

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
it'll probably be a Saturday only trip my first trip. want to check out the scene before I bring my family over and spend a weekend. my wife will prolly want to know what else there is to do in the area cause she wont be wanna sit at the dunes the whole time since she doesn't have a quad yet..
There are a bunch if family oriented things. Putt putt. Go karts. Restaurants. Camp grounds. Lake access. Swimming. Personally only go to ride the sand lol. It can be difficult to get in at times. I live in the state and it still baffles me the way they handle it. Are you going in a dune ready truck?

·
Registered
791 Posts
There are a bunch if family oriented things. Putt putt. Go karts. Restaurants. Camp grounds. Lake access. Swimming. Personally only go to ride the sand lol. It can be difficult to get in at times. I live in the state and it still baffles me the way they handle it. Are you going in a dune ready truck?
You still need a voucher for dune ready.

Only way to get in is to wait it out. Or pay wild bills to haul your quads in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my truck is 99.92% dune ready, I think. just need a front flag, and air down the tires.. 4.75" lift on 33"s. everything else is semi-stock. lol

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
my truck is 99.92% dune ready, I think. just need a front flag, and air down the tires.. 4.75" lift on 33"s. everything else is semi-stock. lol
Its a fun experience. Can be short if your still alone and dont know anyone else there. Hopefully the drag strip dries up

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can take my truck into the dunes with my quad in the back then just unload it back there?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah.. You can drive your truck back to the beach, unload and ride. Thats what we did last year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
awesome. then that's what Ill end up doing. im assuming theres a fee to get in, but would I have to pay it twice since im technically bringing 2 vehicles into the dunes?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, you would have to get a orv pass for both your quad and truck. Aswell as two flags..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crappy. haha, alright ill just suck it up. I guess first off, I have to get an exhaust system. or at least a slip on. silencer has the insert removed(came like that)

·
Registered
791 Posts
You also need the state park sticker for both that's an additional 22 bucks.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
crappy. haha, alright ill just suck it up. I guess first off, I have to get an exhaust system. or at least a slip on. silencer has the insert removed(came like that)
You can most likely get by with out the quiet insert. But a spark arrestor is a must! Parking at the beach is your best chance to get in

·
Registered
199 Posts
You also need the state park sticker for both that's an additional 22 bucks.
What? So now I would need a ORV sticker, along with a state park sticker? I thought these were both the same...? I'm confused...:what

·
Registered
791 Posts
When you renew your tags in Michigan you have the option to purchase the state park pass, witch gets you in most parks for free... But silver lake makes you put one on your quad also. So if your out of state you have too buy 2 stickers. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. Each sticker is 11 bucks each on top of your 30+ dollar Orv sticker.

·
Registered
199 Posts
When you renew your tags in Michigan you have the option to purchase the state park pass, witch gets you in most parks for free... But silver lake makes you put one on your quad also. So if your out of state you have too buy 2 stickers. Its been that way for as long as I can remember. Each sticker is 11 bucks each on top of your 30+ dollar Orv sticker.
Would the state sticker happen to be the small white sticker that they had me put on the corner of the ORV sticker?

Sorry OP that I kinda jacked your thread with a question of my own..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts