YFZ Central banner

Silver Lake Sand Dunes!!

5K views 52 replies 11 participants last post by  johns2500hd 
#1 ·
Me and a bunch of friends are headed to Silver Lake in the middle of May, anyone want to join the pack?

#10 ·
That weekend is going to be packed. That's the weekend they're celebrating labor day. Make sure you get your vouchers early on. especially if your getting making vouchers. those go quick. That weekend is going to be a blast ill be there for sure. My birthday is the twenty ninth of May.

#14 · (Edited)
I`ll be up there in a few weeks actually (april 26-28). Large group of us with 12-15 quads along with a few sand rails.

#16 ·
I rarely see it. At the entrance I got checked to see if I had a spark arrested insert in my exhaust one time but I think if your going through the entrance reving your bike like a idiot and its loud they'll check and or if you go ripping by the dnr. What exhaust are you running.

#19 ·
they use the sound check rule more to kick yahoos out of the park, rather than keep you from being let in....

the spark arrrester check is nearly 100%.... which is funny because i have ridden offroad michigan for close to 40 years....and never have i been checked in the woods.... which are flammable....

but, where there is only sand and water at silver lake, neither of which is flammable.... i have had the spark arrester check every single time....

#21 ·
if you are worried about sound and have a truck just "dune ready" your truck and drive right thru... thats what i do with my kx.... anyone going on 4/13 or 4/14?

#29 ·
i ride all over, i usually like to race buddies thru test and what not... i used to drag with the slow guys (the piped shees not the stroked ones) but my haulers keep popping. let me know if you are going up and ill try to get a few friends to go up.

#24 ·
No lol. Look at my truck. Completely stock. Dune ready just means you have a flag mounted on your truckand an orv sticker and state park sticker (unless you paid the ten dollars extra on your vehicle registration.) You'll need to air down your tires to make sure you don't get stuck. Common problem people have going in to the entrance which absolutely pisses everyone off to the max cause it holds the line up . Lol don't be that guy.

#33 ·
anyone going to be up there tomorrow? 4/21/13???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.