YFZ Central banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was up there in the early spring on my Raptor. Great place to ride. Did anyone catch crazy air off of test hill? I would like to head up there one more time this year with my YFZ. I think it would do even better than the Raptor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the white and red is super sweet but i bet the white is hard to keep clean

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally posted by ravage3000@Aug 13 2003, 08:23 PM
actually, i would think it would be easier. the cleaning part is the same, just less shows up on white. on blue plastic, the white marks caused from normal riding stick out like a sore thumb. with white marks on a white quad, its harder to notice. :)

:what BTW-are the bars supposed to be that high? :wtf

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a dirtbiker get good air off test hilll once. They however were jumping EVERY dune in between and getting good air! I saw a few atvs jump test hill like first gear but My friend, bro and I were getting the best air. THe pics I am about to post are not that good. THey were taken the first day before we really got the hang of dune jumping and jumping their period. But My bro and I were hitting test hill 3rd gear middle and we were flying! The second to last dune I was going off 4th pinned and was getting some nice air! It was an awesome time!

Yea the bars have a different bend and we can not bend them backwards anymore because the clutch cables are too short. The bend feels good though when you are riding it.

The sides of the white look like shit after riding. The blue does hide the all our boot scratches better than the white. THe riding boots leave a brown color to the white YFZ. However wax takes it off. The blue is all ready startying to look like shit. Blue looks awesome brand new but looks like garbage real quick. Loses its shine and creases whit even w/o flipping it. O well thats what you buy em for right?

I will give Duners more credit, our quads got a lot dirtier than I expected. Nothing like what mud, but they got dusty and sand on all the joints. If anyone wants to head up to Silver Lake and ride we are planning another trip for September/October!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last action one...too busy riding to get any more!

These pics were taken the first day and we were only getting about half of what we were the second!

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Originally posted by ravage3000@Aug 13 2003, 12:23 PM
Not true at all, it is real easy to keep clean. You just need a little wax. The blue shows scratches and stress marks real real bad, I had many on my warrior. Awesome pics Cron. :woo

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah, ive been there twice, it IS a blast. I got some real sick air, and got put in this magazine called Wrench Magazine. I jumped half way down test hill on my old 250r, before i sold it. It was 6th gear pinned all the way up and over. My front end went like straight up and i landed vertical, slammed into the ground, was whipped over the bars and was ran over by my own quad!!....but atleast it looked cool i was told.....after i woke up from bein knocked unconsious. I dont have any pics to post on here, i dont have a scanner, but i do have one of me sittin on my dads brand new ds650 on test hill.

P.S
this is not a lie

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey ARORacer were are you from? Where you at Silver Lake August 8? Your Cannondale looks like the guys I rode and we rode with for a lil while.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cool pics man! I was there July 18th with my yfz and I had a blast. I got tons of pics I should post sometime 8)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts