YFZ Central banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of rear beadlocks from Burgard Cycle a few weeks ago, after I mounted my tires one kept going flat. I tried 3 times to remove the ring and make sure everything was flat and centered and re tighten the ring (criss-cross pattern). and even used silicone to stop any leaking, it kept loosing air quickly

so I put the wheel in water to check for leaks. it surprised me to see where the air was leaking from .... the rim itself. the burgard beadlock is a modified douglas .190 rim and there is just a bad weld

I bought them on eBay from "quadparts" I know the username is not burgard cycle, but the phone number is the same. 1-888-771-8600 and my paypal payment went to israel burgard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2440836492

I will be calling them in the morning to discuss what to do next, I will say besides the leak I am very happy with the wheels.

I will keep everyone updated with how the situation is handled.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Bummer dude. If they wont give you a new rim just heat it up with a torch and get the aluminum to go liquid in that area. Might solve your problem. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
That happened to me with a set of front Douglas rims. One of the rims wasn't completely welded all the way around. I notified them of the problem, and they exchanged them free of charge. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts