YFZ Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sparks pipe, installed it, and re-jetted. When I rode it, I could tell a huge difference and was very impressed. Then, the other day, I bought a Ron Woods intake off another member, and it feels like a whole different bike. It has so much more top end that it's insane. I thought these intakes added like 1 HP?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe only someone that has dyno experience can make a prediction about hp gain with that product.Not that it doesn't but when you are changing the intake for one that will flow more air you are obviously taking in more air and more air does make power but at some point you may need a richer a/f mixture also.So gains could be more or less.Thats why on certain dyno a/f mixtures can be monitered and proper adjustments can be determined.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
I heard rw made good peak power, but werent the best for the entire power curve.

they should make more than 1hp better though

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
the 1 or 2HP peak increase sounds valid.

what you are experienceing is a broader power curve. for example, peak power may be 25HP(just picking numbers here) at 8000rpm, the intake might give you 27HP at 8000rpm.

but,

at 10000 rpm the stock intake may be 18HP, where the other intake will be 24HP...thats where your feeling the difference.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
remember that your bike is only 300+ pounds, 1 hp will be felt, not to mention the power curve like others have said.

you should feel an increase in power with mods, plus, your jetting may have been slightly off before, and its more dialed in now. a little off can make a big difference.

·
Registered
224 Posts
QUOTE (WVHick @ Mar 1 2009, 03:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=752556
I bought a Sparks pipe, installed it, and re-jetted. When I rode it, I could tell a huge difference and was very impressed. Then, the other day, I bought a Ron Woods intake off another member, and it feels like a whole different bike. It has so much more top end that it's insane. I thought these intakes added like 1 HP?[/b]
Its most likley mor than 1HP because now your experiencing the real power of the sparks pipe! One is helping the other.
one or the other is only a few HP but together is the big advantage. Power all over the power band.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts